Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greg Clarke FA education 101.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You haven't really answered both parts of the question. I understand why the word coloured is deemed to be unacceptable but that doesn't explain why 'people of colour' is acceptable. As I see it, either both are acceptable or both are unacceptable. Can't really have it both ways.

"Historian Dr Joe Street, of Northumbria University, says the term “people of colour emphasises the peoplehood” while “coloured” is “depersonalising”." https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/coloured-offensive-why-term-greg-clarke-fa-chairman-what-say-comments-resigned-756234

Not quite sure I understand that explanation - hopefully there are better ones?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So, you're happy to take some demonstrable facts from HM Government, and then on the strength of those facts, stereotype people as failures accordingly. Bang on!

Asian and Afro-Carribean people are statistically more at risk from Covid 19 than white people; that is also a fact. Guess Covid 19 must be a racist virus, eh? - or is it just racist to notice that factual statistic?

Kindly note that nobody is making any assumptions from these factual stats; they are what they are, just stats.

Sorry, you clearly haven’t read the post I was replying to, I was being sarcastic in response to cunning fergus, who was making exactly the sort of assumptions I was sarcastically highlighting!

#153 might clarify. I am not the one classifying people as failures by their skin colour or parentage...

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So do those products of single parent families fail because...

a) they are from single parent families?
b) because they are black?
c) because people put A&B together and make racist assumptions?

The stats indicate a) will be a significant factor in a generalised context amongst all ethnicities.

Because b) represents the single greatest ethnic concentration of a) ergo black children is SPF will fare worse in relative terms than their peers (of any other ethnicity) in both SPF and 2 parent families.

I think c) only exists amongst the mentally bewildered who cannot understand, or wish to ignore the evidential construct of a) and b).

They tend to congregate around the principle of “the truth is no defence” these days, hence we get initiatives like Black History Month.

They will also ignore that in the overall hierarchy the children on the very bottom rung of under achievement are white British children.

I know the drill though.........the truth is no defence...........let’s kneel to that eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here