Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greenwood and foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Even though fishlips has shown some truly cretinous selections of late, I would be genuinely ASTOUNDED if he picks these two herberts again in his next squad. IMO that in itself would be a sackable offence.

So would I! (I was being a bit tongue in cheek tbf!)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
By the Icelandic authorities, NOT Southgate, its worth remembering. They were booted out of the country for breaching their quarantine rules. This wasn't Southgate getting "tough", it was taken out of his hands.

didn't realise that probably because i have switched off England under Southgate.

I think it is also quite telling that many Brighton fans who have taken a dislike to Grealish on a personal level were surprised by is omission as he clearly is a talented footballer.

Southgate picked Walker who had broken lockdown rules and picked McGuire when he was in prison , what message does that send the young players?

And dare I say it , Cummings successfully demonstrated that only mugs follow the rules

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Did you hear any of the interviews Foden did last week? How desperate he was to play for his country? How proud he was going to be? Blah Blah... If he was THAT desperate, or that proud, you might think he would have the good sense to keep to the rules. Sometimes I despair of these idiotic prima-donas that we (indirectly) pay fortunes to. I'm afraid (unless there was some bizarre mitigating circumstance) I am going to take some time before I can forgive them. It's a pity England don't have the same "no dick-heads rule" that the Albion seem to have.

I hope they are both left out of the team for the coming season, it will also be a warning to others who might ignore the managers instructions

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And dare I say it , Cummings successfully demonstrated that only mugs follow the rules

Surprised it took 21 pages to get a Tories bash in. Just need a Brexit post and a Trump post and we've got the hattrick.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Surprised it took 21 pages to get a Tories bash in. Just need a Brexit post and a Trump post and we've got the hattrick.

Not a Tory bash but an observation that attitudes changed over night when it became clear he made the rules but did not follow them or do you feel he was entitled to do what he did.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately the second wave of tabloid ‘s***’ hitting Foden now, every alleged misdemeanour will now get an airing with moral free young ladies getting paid handsomely.

Flawed or not do him and his family deserve this?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Unfortunately the second wave of tabloid ‘s***’ hitting Foden now, every alleged misdemeanour will now get an airing with moral free young ladies getting paid handsomely.

Moral free young ladies? It's was the moral free young man who broke quarantine rules to cheat on his partner.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
They'll soon be back in the England squad and obviously no sanctions at club level. The players are too "valuable" to the teams, ALL morals go out of the window because of this.

*edit - it's a shame this didn't apply to managers Clough, Venables and Redknapp as maybe England might have won something then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If you are in the public eye then you have to be stupid to be setting up 'secret' rendezvous between your partners back, especially on more than 1 occasion and think you can get away with it.

Lets be honest, Foden probably doesn't care and he's not married to his girlfriend so he knows if it all goes wrong he can easily pay them off for an easy life

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I see Greenwood been caught with another female doing laughing gas. No idea how old that story is though.

Certainly both seem pretty brainless. Greenwood could certainly turn out to be a massive bell end from a few things ive read and seen.

Hopefully will sort selves out as could be top quality for England.

Those Icelandic birds certainly knew what they were doing. Need to be smarter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you are in the public eye then you have to be stupid to be setting up 'secret' rendezvous between your partners back, especially on more than 1 occasion and think you can get away with it.

Lets be honest, Foden probably doesn't care and he's not married to his girlfriend so he knows if it all goes wrong he can easily pay them off for an easy life

I didn't come here for a lecture in Capitalism.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see Greenwood been caught with another female doing laughing gas. No idea how old that story is though.

Certainly both seem pretty brainless. Greenwood could certainly turn out to be a massive bell end from a few things ive read and seen.

Last season Ollie made reference to Greenwood being susceptible to 'outside influences'.

All making sense now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I think it is quite old. They've obviously been saving it for a slow news day, or, alternatively, to use as part of some sort of pile-on when he does something else daft, so they can show the world what a shamelessly bad man this young footballer is.

Sounds a little like the campaign the press once mounted against Sterling whenever he made a youthful misdemeanour.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The balloons thing is a bit of a nonsense. While I understand the legal stance of it, it was only 5 years ago or so you could buy these legally in nightclubs and bars in Brighton. You can go round London on a weekday evening and see people doing them, buying them and even the police aren't arsed except moving them on. But of course, anything to sell papers...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Loving the spin whereby shitferbrains Greenwood regrets those 'historical' photos. This from an 18 year old FFS :rolleyes:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You need some laughing gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here