Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Greatest Pink Floyd track ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are many good tracks on this, my favourite album of theirs. But this instrumental, first time I played it at home, loud, was a jaw drop moment.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wish you were here for me too.

Or Comfortably Numb. Ooh, tricky choice. I mean, they're both perfect.

Shine On is obviously in the mix, just because 13 minutes of such compelling music can't be ignored, and it resonates with some great memories for me.

More left field choices for me are Not Now John and High Hopes. Won't say they're the best but hugely underrated masterpieces from the latter days of Floyd.

Love me some Floyd ❤️

High Hopes 👍

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shine On You Crazy Diamond. It's musical genius, a magic moment, a tribute to their former member whilst showcasing their progession as a band and as musicians.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The Saucerfuls are brilliant live, easily one of my favourite gigs ever.

I have trouble with a favourite track as it varies with my mood. If I have to pick one it's probably Fat Old Sun in its live BBC version or maybe Atom Heart Mother from the Early Years without the brass and choir.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Saucerfuls are brilliant live, easily one of my favourite gigs ever.

I have trouble with a favourite track as it varies with my mood. If I have to pick one it's probably Fat Old Sun in its live BBC version or maybe Atom Heart Mother from the Early Years without the brass and choir.
Hard to believe but I don’t think I’d ever heard the band only version of AHM before, thanks for the heads up. So good that I am going to post that in the best song I’ve heard today thread. Nick Mason is one of my favourite drummers and has an instantly recognisable and unique style :thumbsup:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
its a bit like picking your favourite child!

Time is probably my favourite with the dramatic drum build then it kicks in.

althought the lyrics always hit hard

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"

I'll be 50 this year and 40 only feels like a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here