• Great

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Exciting

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loving the Tottenham div providing all the facking this and facking that over the top of the Prime Video comnentary. He's a bit special :lolol:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I was hoping Lallana might come on and give some control but he was running through treacle and couldn’t get to grips with the game. It’s probably an area where we miss Macallister as he was very good at dictating the tempo once we were ahead in matches.
Maybe that was Lallana trying to dictate the tempo: "lads, this is the pace we should be playing at". But our other outfield players were having too much fun and refused to slow down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not really having the premise of the question in the OP.

That was a GREAT game of football. It was terrific entertainment, AND we won. Surely those are the two things that any fan hopes for when pitching up to a game. For many years as an Albion fan, its been a case of hoping to at least achieve one of these things. To enjoy both is fantastic.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate high levels of technical skill as much as anyone - but they are absolutely NOT a prerequisite for a match to be GREAT.

I've seen loads of GREAT Albion matches in Leagues One and Two, when we barely ever put half a dozen passes together.

Spurs were defensively poor, mistake after mistake and the more goals they conceded, the more they pressed the panic button. Spurs were also very limited up front, so many chances in the first half but the limitations of Brazilian Ricky was exposed - he used to be a very good player in his Everton days but has lost a bit of pace.

Spurs are a very good team and deserve their position in the table but they have weaknesses that we were good enough to expose - but you can’t help feeling they also played very badly. So yes an exciting game and a win we needed desperately, but that doesn’t make it a great game

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was an exciting game to watch indeed. But not a great game if that is referring to pure football. It was littered with poor errors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here