Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Great customer service

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bought a Shark Vacuum cleaner 2 years ago. Motor stopped this evening. I bought it from Currys. Looked up their warranty and it it said 5 years. Called them (Sharps help desk) and chap said it wasn't registered so did it there and then. He did a live video link of me showing him the issue and immediately agreed that the unit needed to be replaced and has sent out a new motor assembly (the main bit!). Already got an email confirming delivery tomorrow.

Now that's good service. Sometimes it's worth shouting about decent customer service.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I had a smart meter fitted 3 years ago and since then I've only been charged the standing charge portion of my gas bill, never for the gas itself, despite me reporting this error and sending manual meter readings.

Fortunately, due to Ofgem's back billing rules, you can't be billed for gas or electricity used more than 12 months ago, as long as it was the supplier's error and you informed them of the issue.

This is a case of bad customer service which is also great.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We had a similar issue with our Shark and they didn't quibble about it, just sent out a new motor section of the hoover and job done, working vacuum cleaner again. Couldn't fault the service.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
All this tells me is that Shark hoovers are liable to break down forcing you to do some basic maintenance. Best off sticking with a Henry.
I have both. Shark is broken after three months, had Henry's for years- pretty much unbreakable.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Bought a Shark Vacuum cleaner 2 years ago. Motor stopped this evening. I bought it from Currys. Looked up their warranty and it it said 5 years. Called them (Sharps help desk) and chap said it wasn't registered so did it there and then. He did a live video link of me showing him the issue and immediately agreed that the unit needed to be replaced and has sent out a new motor assembly (the main bit!). Already got an email confirming delivery tomorrow.

Now that's good service. Sometimes it's worth shouting about decent customer service.
Same sort of instant service for me but with a Gtech, which had a snapped bit which I asked them if they could supply a replacement bit, even at cost, but wasn't expecting a full replacement unit free of charge. Highly recommend their cordless vacuums - we've got three in our family now. I've heard Shark are very good too, though. So much easier than corded (although still use one for carpeted areas once in a while) for the daily top-up vacuum (we've got three cats who love dropping fur or bits from the garden).

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I had a smart meter fitted 3 years ago and since then I've only been charged the standing charge portion of my gas bill, never for the gas itself, despite me reporting this error and sending manual meter readings.

Fortunately, due to Ofgem's back billing rules, you can't be billed for gas or electricity used more than 12 months ago, as long as it was the supplier's error and you informed them of the issue.

This is a case of bad customer service which is also great.
Which supplier was this?

Asking for a friend

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
All this tells me is that Shark hoovers are liable to break down forcing you to do some basic maintenance. Best off sticking with a Henry.
Yeah, my G-Tech battery soon became faulty and they replaced it without a quibble. Great service. Then the brush head jammed and they replaced it without a quibble. Great service. Now the spindle overheats because dust gets in and needs cleaning out every time. All design faults that mean l would’t buy G-Tech again.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I phoned my credit card provider yesterday and got through to an actual person within 3 seconds. Didn’t have to press any extra buttons. Query resolved. Big tick.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Which supplier was this?

Asking for a friend
Originally Bulb, who unsurprisingly went tit's up. Now Octopus, who took over Bulb in December. They're still incorrectly billing me, despite my further attempts to come clean.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I got given one of those generic gift cards from work a while back. The only issue with them is there was only about 5 online shops they can be used on but plenty of high street places.

Apart from supermarkets I don't really do shops if I can help it but I thought I better use it for something. I needed some new walking boots and Blacks was one of the retailers on there. I saw the pair I wanted online where they had 15% off which they didn't in the shop. Asked the bloke if he could do anything with the price and he said he'd price match if I could prove it's cheaper elsewhere. Showed them their own site and they were good to their word. Bloke in the shop was also really helpful.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I tipped off a mate about an expensive Patagonia wetsuit that was heavily discounted on Oceansports' website. He went down there with his son who tried lots of brands on and it was the best fit. They then tried to sell it at full price! But did relent when pointed out it was on their own page.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Originally Bulb, who unsurprisingly went tit's up. Now Octopus, who took over Bulb in December. They're still incorrectly billing me, despite my further attempts to come clean.
Beggar. I’m already with them. 😃. Best check my readings!!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
GTech mower battery packed in within warranty. No quibble replacement received within 24 hrs. Replacement didn’t work and replaced within 24 hours. Replacement didn’t work and new charger sent within 24 hours. Still didn’t work and new battery sent within 24 hours. New battery worked - hooray!
Great customer service.
Crap batteries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here