Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potters Wolves Press conference.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only important bit is did he state which coat - smart grey or blue anorak ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
STEP ASIDE SWANNY, OL FATTY WILL DO THE ANALYSIS STUFF

I watched all of this (half of it). My summary is that there are lots of banal questions about whether we want to win this match against some Wolves. Whether Wolves will be dangerous because they’re not dangerous at the moment. Whether we can beat our record finishing position in the top div. Graham says we want to win this match as we want to win every match in the Premier League. He thinks that all teams in the Premier League are dangerous. With regards to our best ever finish, we’re focusing on trying to win football matches, that’s all.

He was asked if he was going to Spurs, but he says he’s happy here - HE DIDN’T SAY HE WASN’T though!

There is no fee for this service. I do it for love.

PS: based on the GPott to Topspur rumours, I have registered all variants of ‘swansman’, ‘Swanny’, ‘seagull man’, etc on the Spurs forums. No way are we letting Swanny leave when Graham leaves. I can’t take two big losses :). X

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its a very dull conference. The "meh" on the Spurs rumours feels kind of real. The question about Duffys future was perhaps the most interesting as GPs "we'll see later" answer pretty much looked and sounded like "no he's gone asap". For those who've missed it, Shane Duffy is back in training and from GPs comments today it sounded like its a wreck to repair and send away.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I realise it's not going to happen unless five of our defenders break their legs, but would Shane Duffy be allowed to play for the Albion again this season if needed in an emergency?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I realise it's not going to happen unless five of our defenders break their legs, but would Shane Duffy be allowed to play for the Albion again this season if needed in an emergency?

No as he’s not registered in the 25 man squad.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is his quote re Barbers hands off statement.

"My focus is on here. I am doing as well as I can, I feel I have the support of the board, the players, the staff, we're in a really exciting moment in terms of we've done a lot of work and we want to carry that on.

We haven't finished anything here, there's a lot to do and I am really happy here. It's nice to hear Paul say that, he doesn't have to, but it's nice."

I take that last sentence to mean that Barber didn't have to warn them off because I don't want to go anywhere.

This is where offering him that long contract, despite the raised eyebrows at the time, was a great show of faith by the club that will be reciprocated by his loyalty.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This is his quote re Barbers hands off statement.

"My focus is on here. I am doing as well as I can, I feel I have the support of the board, the players, the staff, we're in a really exciting moment in terms of we've done a lot of work and we want to carry that on.

We haven't finished anything here, there's a lot to do and I am really happy here. It's nice to hear Paul say that, he doesn't have to, but it's nice."

I take that last sentence to mean that Barber didn't have to warn them off because I don't want to go anywhere.

This is where offering him that long contract, despite the raised eyebrows at the time, was a great show of faith by the club that will be reciprocated by his loyalty.

So an unsuccessful season at the helm of Spurs next season and GP can slip seamlessly back into his rolling contract here.
:thumbsup:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
So an unsuccessful season at the helm of Spurs next season and GP can slip seamlessly back into his rolling contract here.
:thumbsup:

Good shout. He pops over there for a sabbatical to earn £150m or something, Topspur pay us £300m in compo. Then they sack him toward the end and Graham comes back to pick up where he left off. If GP chips in, we’ll have about £375m to get a new striker. Season after next we’ll do the double. Perfect.

Billy, you’ve got the reins for a year, don’t get us relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here