Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got a new toilet seat today.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Funnily enough I got one last week after the loo seat in the bathroom disintegrated.

This time I went for a slow close one which is very classy (albeit it came from Screwfix!). Two concens:-

1. I live in fear of one of the girls forcing it down too fast after I leave it up, causing yet another breakage, and

2. It has a tendancy to start shuttiung itself unannounced , which means you have to hold you rnerve if you're in mid-wee at the time.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Funnily enough I got one last week after the loo seat in the bathroom disintegrated.

This time I went for a slow close one which is very classy (albeit it came from Screwfix!). Two concens:-

1. I live in fear of one of the girls forcing it down too fast after I leave it up, causing yet another breakage, and

2. It has a tendancy to start shuttiung itself unannounced , which means you have to hold you rnerve if you're in mid-wee at the time.

You might need to readjust it. Seems to me to might have it set to far back. I have held a tutorial with my kids on the new toilet seat and how not to force it shut.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
You might need to readjust it. Seems to me to might have it set to far back. I have held a tutorial with my kids on the new toilet seat and how not to force it shut.

Well, I thought I had set it fairly well forward but I've just been up and found another adjustment that has moved it even further forward still. So I've now achieved stability at the slight cost of perfect alignment at the front. A small sacrifice to achieve a more relaxing wee!

God bless NSC!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sometime I sit on my soft close toilet seat with my iPad reading NSC most relaxing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You cant beat a good old fashioned big wooden toilet seat, the plastic ones are cold, slippery and uncomfortable for a long sitting.
Its sometimes called the 'throne' so ive often wondered why the khazi cant be more like a comfortable upright arm chair with a hole in the bottom.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

One further concern:

3. If one is stricken with an urgent calling, those vital few seconds can mean all the difference between immediate gratification or immediate embarrassment !

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
One further concern:

3. If one is stricken with an urgent calling, those vital few seconds can mean all the difference between immediate gratification or immediate embarrassment !

You should be OK as they generally go up quicker than they come down.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I broke mine with my head after the last work xmas party and still haven't replaced it. It's a funny thing D shape and can't find the exact one anywhere. :-(

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You should be OK as they generally go up quicker than they come down.

Actually I was thinking about pushing it down rather than lifting it up. Having a reasonably good aim, I'm not that worried about lifting it!

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Mine has broken, I need a new one... Maybe one with a soft close lid?!

I somehow got two when i brought my new toilet the other day, so i have one going spare (not soft close, but a very high quality expensive one) if i do get round to putting it on e bay i will let you know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here