Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS - second half

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone notice how the PA is failing us massively in the second half? Really half-hearted, limp lettuce like sound. Doesn't help in getting a stirring second rendition going.

I am writing to Caroline Lucas about it now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
GOSBTS should be for the start of the match, do something else for half time IMO (Right Here, Right Now works for me)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All these people dieing doesn't help either. Cant they do it in the summer when there's no football (said with all respect to Jimmy Greaves and Roger Hunt).
Also good to hear Sweet Caroline dropped.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just so f**kin pleased they've got rid of the 12" extended remix of Sweet Caroline in Fanzone.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That twatish premier league tune they play after all teams’ own ‘anthem’ that seems to get longer each season and is an insult to the home teams own identity* . Would be great if supporters of all premier league teams** came together with a resounding ‘stick your premier league tune up your arse’ to drown it out at all matches.

*maybe with the exception of GAO.
**obvs wouldn’t be audible at the Emirates.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All these people dieing doesn't help either. Cant they do it in the summer when there's no football (said with all respect to Jimmy Greaves and Roger Hunt).
Also good to hear Sweet Caroline dropped.

It always amazed me, how suddenly Sweet Caroline was adopted by so many clubs in the sporting world. I mean the song was written over fifty years ago, so why now?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
GOSBTS should be for the start of the match, do something else for half time IMO (Right Here, Right Now works for me)

Absolutely not. It's the only chance we get for an organised second verse.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hate us playing/singing Sweet Caroline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have trouble singing along to GOSBTS, it's so hard when everyone around you seems to be clapping along to whatever song is in their head and not the actual music being played. It's basically just a round of applause with people mumbling stuff.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It always amazed me, how suddenly Sweet Caroline was adopted by so many clubs in the sporting world. I mean the song was written over fifty years ago, so why now?
Came in from baseball, is my theory.

It might be good to look if Fenway Sports Group has anything to do with it. It's been sung at Red Sox games for yoinks.

It's my daughter's name and on the rare occasions when we go to the ball game she disappears I to the concours for a beer when it comes on - she despises the song.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone notice how the PA is failing us massively in the second half? Really half-hearted, limp lettuce like sound. Doesn't help in getting a stirring second rendition going.

I am writing to Caroline Lucas about it now.
Sweet Caroline Lucas? [emoji1787]

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
GOSBTS for the 1st half is powerful and a great start to the match
2nd half it's a damp squib, with little or no fan involvement.
Use something else.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here