Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Gordon Lightfoot - RIP

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Saw him at The Old Market what feels like fairly recently but could be a decade now ...... an unexpectedly enjoyable evening with the man getting fairly close to the high notes. A talented bloke to be sure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad loss. Back in the 70s me and my best friend were gigging around Edinburgh and the borders. One of the numbers in our set was Alan doing a solo version of 'If You Could Read My Mind' and he did a wonderful version of it. I can still hear it in my head now. I lost him just over a year ago, and now the creator of that great song has gone too. Sad times - RIPs (plural).

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I saw him at his last show in Ottawa, at the NAC. 2018, I believe. Wonderful man. It's incredible how omnipresent his music was on English-Canadian radio and TV, even after the hits dried up in the 80s. I play his albums on a frequent basis and even learned half-a-dozen of his songs on guitar back in the day.

Fifteen years ago, Canadian Idol had a Lightfoot-themed show where Gordon coached the contestants. Then all 6 of them played and sang Canadian Railroad Trilogy live in front of him. It was an emotional moment.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here