Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodbye Ticket Office, Hello Customer Services.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I thought we were fans or supporters. Are we customers now?

Will the media be using the same language.

"Just listen to the sound of the Brighton customers in the North Stand. They are loving that goal. I don't think I've ever heard customers in such good voice."

"Supporters/Fans" and "Customers" are two different concepts and people can be one, both or neither. The club (Barbs) is right to use the different terms in the appropriate context.

* I support the Albion and buy stuff from the club (tickets, tat for the children etc.) so I am both.

* My wife doesn't follow football at all, but occasionally buys tat for the children - she's a customer but not a supporter - similarly away fans.

* Some of the overseas NSC posters may be avid fans, but never buy anything directly from the club - they're supporters but not customers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did, I can't imagine there are many businesses that quadruple in size and don't expand/outsource their customer service desk. While there are undoubtedly cock ups (see putting Brentford tickets to everyone regardless of loyalty points) they must be using an impressive system to deal with thousands of tickets per game, a loyalty point scheme for thousands of members, the ticket exchange and now the new controversial ticket sharing package. And generally, they reply pretty quickly and don't put you on hold for 15 mins like they did in Queens Road.

A sign of the times. I'm all for club bashing where warranted but I don't see it here.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is bashing the club as such are they? My mind was just wandering off down memory lane, and remembering things as they used to be, rose tinted spectacles and all that.

Besides, l'm old so l'm allowed to! :)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I don't think anyone is bashing the club as such are they? My mind was just wandering off down memory lane, and remembering things as they used to be, rose tinted spectacles and all that.

Besides, l'm old so l'm allowed to! :)

100 % agree with this .Reading what you have posted i never thought you were bashing either the club or Tony !
I have to say that sometimes having that personal touch of actually interacting with a human being by visiting the amex ticket office was something i felt good about . But now when even the ticket live chat is no longer live ( the last few times i have tried it it was just a robot answering ) you have to wait for a long time hanging on the phone and even when you get through you sometimes get the feeling that the person at the other end is a little short of empathy although obviously doing the best they can .
Sometimes , like everyone else , the club do not get everything right and where else is there better to test whether your complaint is valid or not than to present it on this forum for scrutiny ? You will pretty soon become aware if others agree or not !!!! :)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Are you sure it is Customer Services and not Supporter Services?

Doesn't "Supporter Services" make a lot more sense now? As in the club don't just sell tickets and haven't for a long time. They do gifts, tours, birthday parties, play-on-the-pitch, etc. We also have a museum now (though I'm not sure anyone can actually go to it).

If what was the "ticket office" have expanded to do more than just be a ticket office, why wouldn't it change?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not too worried about the nomenclature, but a ticket office, for me, isn;t a ticket office if there aren't steps down to it. I blame this beauty......

View attachment 140489

FA Cup final tickets, buying low grade crap at the shop, getting a replacement for my season ticket book. So many times. Happy, happy memories of a simpler time.

Remind me, someone, have we ever had a specific Goldstone photos thread?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
100 % agree with this .Reading what you have posted i never thought you were bashing either the club or Tony !
I have to say that sometimes having that personal touch of actually interacting with a human being by visiting the amex ticket office was something i felt good about . But now when even the ticket live chat is no longer live ( the last few times i have tried it it was just a robot answering ) you have to wait for a long time hanging on the phone and even when you get through you sometimes get the feeling that the person at the other end is a little short of empathy although obviously doing the best they can .
Sometimes , like everyone else , the club do not get everything right and where else is there better to test whether your complaint is valid or not than to present it on this forum for scrutiny ? You will pretty soon become aware if others agree or not !!!! :)

The staff in the ticket office were always so helpful when i wanted to bring my Grandson to a game which meant giving up my ST seat and finding two seats together somewhere else. To an old git like me with hearing loss the phone is hard work.
However, I accept that the club is trying to reduce costs but keep an acceptable level of service for supporters so presume that is why the ticket office has to close. It will be interesting how I manage when I next want to take grandson to a match.

I have had no problem with the digital ST which must save costs too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The staff in the ticket office were always so helpful when i wanted to bring my Grandson to a game which meant giving up my ST seat and finding two seats together somewhere else. To an old git like me with hearing loss the phone is hard work.
However, I accept that the club is trying to reduce costs but keep an acceptable level of service for supporters so presume that is why the ticket office has to close. It will be interesting how I manage when I next want to take grandson to a match.

I have had no problem with the digital ST which must save costs too.

It’s not closing as I understand it - it’s still there on match days to resolve queries, fix issues.

PS I just had an email back from supporter services resolving an issue this morning at 8am on a Sunday morning.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To remind us how a dump of a ground can still have a great atmosphere (especially when it was full rather than when half of it was condemned!)

Go to Selhurst if you need reminding, the whole ground should be condemned :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here