Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Window?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Average window at best.

Can't complain though, with where the albion are.

I am concerned though that RDZ won't feel backed in the transfer market and that he'll think we are not a "serious" club.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
January signings were never going to happen, we already appear to have a good enough team to push for top 6. We now have midfielder worth £75M.

It’s probably difficult to make signings when considering we could be in Europa League, Europa Conf League - or not in Europe at all. We also have Moder due back from injury and a few players on loan who must be close to being in the squad next season.

So bigger picture / longer term I don’t think we needed to do any business
this is a good point. if we get Europe we'd be shopping in a totally different market come summer. thought we could do with a couple this window, but wouldn't want to add those players now and lose out on better ones come the summer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
RDZ did an interview for the Italian press saying we haven’t any money to sign players like that Nico from Roma. Whom he wanted.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The lack of the cover for left footed defenders is a bit worrying. However, with Moder back soon and perhaps Facundo and Ayari getting some action, we should be fine in every other position.

The summer will be interesting. Lots of players back from lone for RDZ to assess. I can see Alzate back in the squad. It’ll be interesting to see if Roberts is ready yet, he’ll be 21 at the beginning of next season and we’ll massively need a left footed ball playing defender with Colwill probably gone forever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a good window.

1675375589813.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The lack of the cover for left footed defenders is a bit worrying. However, with Moder back soon and perhaps Facundo and Ayari getting some action, we should be fine in every other position.

The summer will be interesting. Lots of players back from lone for RDZ to assess. I can see Alzate back in the squad. It’ll be interesting to see if Roberts is ready yet, he’ll be 21 at the beginning of next season and we’ll massively need a left footed ball playing defender with Colwill probably gone forever.
I saw Roberts the other night on the telly playing for Derby. Somewhat anonymous I thought.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RDZ did an interview for the Italian press saying we haven’t any money to sign players like that Nico from Roma. Whom he wanted.
Link?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Brighton, De Zerbi: “I would gladly return to Italy. Zaniolo? Never thought about him"
by Jonah Maffei 30 January 2023

Roberto De ZerbiRoberto De Zerbi - LiveMedia photo/Bologna correspondent
ADVERTISEMENTS

“Italy is always my country and at home. I would go back and forth again, hopefully in the future . But I also came here with some fears: a different language, a different championship, without having retired and with a very difficult calendar. Instead I'm having a lot of fun, I'm appreciating this experience, I'm really enjoying it”. Roberto De Zerbi said this to DAZN on the possibility of returning to coaching in Italy. In the meantime, however, his experience at Brighton continues at full speed , fresh from the success in the FA Cup against Liverpool .

The decision to coach in England was an important step for De Zerbi: “ Coming here for an Italian is not easy because football is lived in a different way. Either you adapt or you lose at the start . And it's not said that they're wrong to live football like this. For example, they have a day off during the week, for them it is sacred, we see it as a lost day. They don't pick up, they arrive three hours early at the camp. It feels like going for a picnic, then when the referee blows the whistle it always feels like playing in a final” .

Why the failure to return to Serie A? “I think that some things haven't gotten together – replied De Zerbi -. I've always held Claudio Ranieri in high esteem, because he coached in France, Spain, England. And that's something I've always sent him. I chose to go to Ukraine, although I also had something in Italy. There will be the right time to come back."

“ Have Brighton ever thought about Zaniolo? No , despite the fact that he is a very strong player, who among other things falls within our age parameters – added De Zerbi -. Brighton have fixed age parameters, they are looking for players to resell. But Zaniolo is outside our economic parameters " .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's not what he said. He said the Roma player is not in our model and he understands that. If he doesn't maybe he shouldn't be our manager.
I’d be surprised if Zaniolo has been able to pass the dickhead test. In terms of cost, expectation of salary, entitlement and injury record, he really wasn’t a fit was he.

We ‘make’ players with the skill level of Zaniolo now, we don’t buy them once another team has ruined them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
this is a good point. if we get Europe we'd be shopping in a totally different market come summer. thought we could do with a couple this window, but wouldn't want to add those players now and lose out on better ones come the summer.
Nonsense I'm afraid

Europe outside of the champions League will make no difference to the players we can get. Players only care about the champions League. USG are already in the Europa and that's where we send our reserves !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton, De Zerbi: “I would gladly return to Italy. Zaniolo? Never thought about him"
by Jonah Maffei 30 January 2023

Roberto De ZerbiRoberto De Zerbi - LiveMedia photo/Bologna correspondent
ADVERTISEMENTS

“Italy is always my country and at home. I would go back and forth again, hopefully in the future . But I also came here with some fears: a different language, a different championship, without having retired and with a very difficult calendar. Instead I'm having a lot of fun, I'm appreciating this experience, I'm really enjoying it”. Roberto De Zerbi said this to DAZN on the possibility of returning to coaching in Italy. In the meantime, however, his experience at Brighton continues at full speed , fresh from the success in the FA Cup against Liverpool .

The decision to coach in England was an important step for De Zerbi: “ Coming here for an Italian is not easy because football is lived in a different way. Either you adapt or you lose at the start . And it's not said that they're wrong to live football like this. For example, they have a day off during the week, for them it is sacred, we see it as a lost day. They don't pick up, they arrive three hours early at the camp. It feels like going for a picnic, then when the referee blows the whistle it always feels like playing in a final” .

Why the failure to return to Serie A? “I think that some things haven't gotten together – replied De Zerbi -. I've always held Claudio Ranieri in high esteem, because he coached in France, Spain, England. And that's something I've always sent him. I chose to go to Ukraine, although I also had something in Italy. There will be the right time to come back."

“ Have Brighton ever thought about Zaniolo? No , despite the fact that he is a very strong player, who among other things falls within our age parameters – added De Zerbi -. Brighton have fixed age parameters, they are looking for players to resell. But Zaniolo is outside our economic parameters " .
Thanks! Nothing controversial or concerning there, especially given Bob's traditional candour. The exact opposite of the traditional Herkos odonton of so many managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here