Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Old Sussex by the sea

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
wow ! sounds great , thanks for post
on a side note did anybody see if the words were put up on the screens as i was too busy singing to notice and judging by that i don't think we need them anymore:amex:

It was fantastic wasn't it? No words on the screen. A mate of mine who couldn't be there is quite militant that everyone should know the words so I had a look and a little inner smile on his behalf.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Which means in theory, if we get away ties in the cup and get knocked out, we can’t sing it for a whole season :mad:

It got bastardised as a cup song, it annoys me when the cup version gets sung at a league game….

Stand or Fall all day long.

Saturday was special first time back with a full house, I had a lump in my throat, and a tear in my eye.
Agreed. Also the bastardised words are "Oh we're going up AND WE'LL win the Cup", meaning the team is good enough to get promoted and win the FA Cup. This is the Norman Wisdom version, and is the version we sang until 1983 when we went 'up to win the Cup' to Wembley twice. After that we reverted to the original words and no one ever sang 'going up to win the Cup' ever again, because obviously it was stupid and made no sense. Only of course they did. God knows why.

So yes, the Norman Wisdom version doesn't really apply all the while we're in the PL as we can't go 'up' any more. The 1983 re-write will only ever be useful if we ever get to a cup final again. So let's stick with 'stand or fall'.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can't beat a really brass band playing it and the crowd belting it out. Wish this could happen.

hmmm...

Not really a fan of brass bands, they always remind me of old people and tartan blankets for some reason.

Steel band version can do one aswell...

I would like to see Royal Blood smash it out at the Amex that would be awesome:mad:.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well played, the club! :albion2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
F*ck Celtic, St. Mary's Storrington was where I was this morning::

People in towns across East and West Sussex are to have the opportunity to witness a 'Torch of Remembrance' relay across Sussex to commemorate 100 years of the Royal British Legion.

Starting in St Mary’s Parish Church in Rye at 11am on Monday 23rd August and finishing in St Annes Church, the Witterings at 3pm on Saturday 28th August, the torch will travel via Robertsbridge, Polegate, Hailsham, Seaford, East Grinstead, Horsham, Storrington and Shoreham.

At each location a small ceremony will see the torch passed from a service veteran to a member of a youth organisation to symbolise the next generation carrying on the important act of remembrance. The Royal British legion is inviting people to attend the event in their town.

As Royal British Legion Sussex County Chairman Ray Collins explains ““The Royal British Legion celebrates its centenary this year and to mark this momentous occasion, we are transporting a Torch of Remembrance through Sussex between 23-28 August. At each location the Torch will be passed from a military veteran to a youth of the county to signify passing remembrance from one generation to the next. It is important that the act of remembrance keeps going forward for the next 100 years. We will remember them.”

The full list of locations and timings are:

Monday 23rd

11am St Mary’s Parish Church, Rye

Tuesday 24th

11am Clock Tower, Robertsbridge

3pm RBL Club, Polegate

Wednesday 25th

11am War Memorial, Hailsham

3pm War Graves Cemetery, Seaford

Thursday 26th

11am East Court Memorial, East Grinstead

5pm Carfax War memorial, Horsham

Friday 27th

11am St Mary’s Parish Church, Storrington

3pm East Street War Memorial, Shoreham by Sea

Saturday 28th

3pm St Anne's Church, Witterings

County Chairman Ray Collins continued “With both Cadets Forces and Youth Organisations taking part in this commemoration, it would be great to see public support at each of the events. Your participation will help us make this a really special and memorable event”

Final Anthem was Sussex by the Sea, which of course was only right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here