Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good folk of the NSC forum. I have a Mac problem D:

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Hi everyone. I brought a 2nd hand Mac laptop from Cash Generator today but I want to restore It to It's Original factory settings. Only problem Is the Mac never came with any Disks and I looked In the Disk utilities but no option to select. Any Idea's what I can do? Thanks

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Buying a second hand Mac is basically cheating.

You would probably have to download a new OS from the app store. Depends how old your model is.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I had to reinstall the operating system on my desktop after the trackpad started playing silly buggers. I did it with the help of somebody at their care centre but that's part of the package with it so the call was free. It might be a bit expensive to phone without that. The apple forums are usually pretty helpful.

Just re-read that. Not that much use really - sorry.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Basically fella without the OSX disks you can't restore to factory settings. But you could try this : You could create a new administrator account and trigger the OOBE (Out of box experience) setup.

Reboot
Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime. (command + s on newer Macs)
When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

$ mount -uw /
$ rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
$ shutdown -h now

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Basically fella without the OSX disks you can't restore to factory settings. But you could try this : You could create a new administrator account and trigger the OOBE (Out of box experience) setup.

Reboot
Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime. (command + s on newer Macs)
When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

$ mount -uw /
$ rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
$ shutdown -h now

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here