Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldstone Ground 1919

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw this earlier on a Facebook page, Memories of East (ha!) Sussex. Anyone know the side the cars are parked on? East is my guess as there seems to be a terrace sloping away, though I suppose it could easily be the shallow sides of the West? Imagine driving to the game and parking on the terrace side! I still miss the Goldstone.
1683647493426.png

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Saw this earlier on a Facebook page, Memories of East (ha!) Sussex. Anyone know the side the cars are parked on? East is my guess as there seems to be a terrace sloping away, though I suppose it could easily be the shallow sides of the West? Imagine driving to the game and parking on the terrace side! I still miss the Goldstone.
View attachment 160721
That is the original West Stand I believe.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
View attachment 160721
Looks like the poor guy on the extreme right (blurred) has lost a leg, in 1919 I imagine there were plenty who came home like that (and plenty who never even came home).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's of the west. The white building in the foreground is the old West Stand. I posted somewhere a 1950's picture of the new West being built over top of it. Think about how the stand looked with terracing in front of it.
At the back of the picture is the south stand with the factory buildings behind it. All now gone.
On the pitch you can see Dunk. Luckily he has his studs on the ball waiting so no movement of picture.
EDIT

Copyright. Reads as though they are my pictures. They are not hence I link to the page rather than copy them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here