Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Going rate for a carpenter?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Repair the worst of the boards fix them all down and then you need some ply, on the job we are on at the moment they are laying 5mm ply in prep for the LVT.
Yeah, that’s effectively what we’re doing. Previous occupants had some plumbing work done along the length of the hall, which they bodged by cutting away some of the floorboard supports 🤬 He’s repaired the worst of it, and the flooring company are laying 6mm ply throughout on Monday. It’s much better already. 🙂

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Luxury vinyl tiles, the texture etc is just like real wood, they can be replaced individually rather than interlocking and breaking them all up to get to one in the middle of the room if damaged.
Amtico or Karndean
We’re having Woodpecker, but Amtico and Karndean look very nice.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ask him how much you owe him and pay said amount.
Yeah, that’s what I did in the end, but it was handy to know that he wasn’t undercharging - I knew he wouldn’t overcharge. In addition to parts, for about 4 hours he asked £80 “neighbours rate”. I gave him £100 so he could “buy something for his girlfriend’s new kittens”. We’re all happy, and he’s just gone off to watch United lose… 😂

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
A decent chippie will cost 200 to 260 a day.
They are worth every penny because they have to spend thousands on tools, vehicle and insurances. They have to lug loads of equipment around to each job and reload it into their van on completion.
Afterwards they have to relax on a very expensive cruise three times a year and have enough to blow in the pub and at the bookies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here