Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] God save the Queen.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
70 years our Monarch. A truly remarkable woman.
94848583d3c984067aaede0a76251920.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'll raise a glass to Her Majesty today.
Remarkable person.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I won't read the OP's post for obvious reasons, but I was pleased at the Queen's intervention over Camilla, and would suggest that she has been the UK's best ever monarch. I suspect that will remain the case, perhaps forever.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I won't read the OP's post for obvious reasons, but I was pleased at the Queen's intervention over Camilla, and would suggest that she has been the UK's best ever monarch. I suspect that will remain the case, perhaps forever.

Let's hope there's never a challenger and they scrap the whole ridiculous institution when she passes.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Athelstad gets my vote for best Monarch. But gawd bless her Maj, 70 years of living a life of unimaginable excess and luxury at our expense. Quite an achievement. Well done Lizzy!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The best monarch ever but sadly won’t be the last.

She has very, very few faults but one, unfortunately, is the habit to breed ‘total idiot offspring’. Surely Charles will crash the monarchy?

I think we’ve all had enough of the epitome of upper class, white inherited privilege that is personified in the royal family. Talentless chancers like Boris the Liar and Andrew the Liar who lie and lie and lie to the British people but expect respect, power and privilege in return.

This is the century where the monarch will be replaced by a president, hopefully with the great capabilities, honour, integrity and judgement of the present (and one off) Queen.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Athelstad gets my vote for best Monarch. But gawd bless her Maj, 70 years of living a life of unimaginable excess and luxury at our expense. Quite an achievement. Well done Lizzy!

Agree with the sentiment regarding the institution of the monarchy, but her interpretation of Born to Rule is wholly preferable to the **** currently occupying no.10. A remarkable innings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

She has very, very few faults but one, unfortunately, is the habit to breed ‘total idiot offspring’. Surely Charles will crash the monarchy?

I think we’ve all had enough of the epitome of upper class, white inherited privilege that is personified in the royal family. Talentless chancers like Boris the Liar and Andrew the Liar who lie and lie and lie to the British people but expect respect, power and privilege in return.

This is the century where the monarch will be replaced by a president, hopefully with the great capabilities, honour, integrity and judgement of the present (and one off) Queen.

Unfortunately, with our dimbot electorate, it will probably be President Johnson.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Let’s see if we can all keep this civil, we certainly do not want the usual suspects condemning this to the pit.
Once again Boss, thanks for 70 years of faultless service.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022

Look around the world. Presidents with 'capabilities, honour, integrity and judgement' seem remarkably thin on the ground. Think of the senile old bungler Biden in the US, or his sociopath , kleptomaniac predecessor, Trump. I'd rather keep the monarchy but transform them Scandinavian style - they all get jobs as solicitors, pilots and accountants and just get wheeled out for ceremonial occasions

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don’t think you speak for ‘all’ :shrug:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

On what criteria do you rate monarchs?
If it's on the basis of the influence and control of the UK over the rest of the world then she gets nowhere near Elizabeth I or, the mummy of them all, Victoria. In fact, under her stewardship we've lost most of the great empire "on which the sun never sets" (until she gave it away).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
She has performed as well as anyone could have hoped in the role, I admire her, even though I am conflicted about the Monarchy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For all those wanting to move away from a monarchy just consider how happy you would have been with Johnson as president

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here