Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Gluten free scran at the Amex

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Well, lucky old me, just bagged a pair of tickets to see us give those whey-faced poltroons from Croydon a proper leathering...

Anyways, my son is also coming and he is a coeliac and is also vegetarian.

As he may not have time for tea before we leave, can anyone tell me whether there's GF veggie grub available or will he need to take a sandwich or somesuch ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only option is the veggie rice thing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He could have some chips outside? :shrug:
Chips have 27 “ingredients” or more these days! If I was coeliac I wouldn’t eat at a football match. Risk of cross contamination, not the product allergen declarations. I wouldn’t trust the casual labour servers that tend to be behind the counters are sufficiently trained. Might be doing them a huge disservice but if I’m coeliac as opposed to gluten intolerant then I just wouldn’t chance being ill for several days just for eg a sausage roll.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Also celiac here.
1000% recommend preparing food and bringing it with.
Not worth taking the risk of any of the food there unless it’s clearly marked and sold as Gluten Free.

Very frustrating disease to have. Always have to plan well in advance when eating outside home.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well, lucky old me, just bagged a pair of tickets to see us give those whey-faced poltroons from Croydon a proper leathering...

Anyways, my son is also coming and he is a coeliac and is also vegetarian.

As he may not have time for tea before we leave, can anyone tell me whether there's GF veggie grub available or will he need to take a sandwich or somesuch ?
Amex aside, this site is our go to when eating out (y)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chips have 27 “ingredients” or more these days! If I was coeliac I wouldn’t eat at a football match. Risk of cross contamination, not the product allergen declarations. I wouldn’t trust the casual labour servers that tend to be behind the counters are sufficiently trained. Might be doing them a huge disservice but if I’m coeliac as opposed to gluten intolerant then I just wouldn’t chance being ill for several days just for eg a sausage roll.
Well l am neither coeliac nor gluten intolerant, but that advice makes perfect sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here