Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Given we play Chelsea first game of season, what are your expectations for the friendly?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thinks we’re going to hit Chelsea up with a 3-4-1-2 for the first game of the season so Potter will be eager to throw a diversionary line-up Lampard’s way in the hope of blindsiding him for two weeks time.

I think he will start quite conservatively:

———————-Ryan———————
Veltman—-Webster—-Dunk—-Burn
———Stephens——Pröpper———-
—Groß——-Mac Allister——Troß—
——————-Maupay——————-

+ 8 changes later.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A massive 3 points up for grabs tomorrow but I'd take a point now.

With the short pre season I think we’ll have to take it some way seriously and look at starting PL combinations. Regardless that the off pitch stuff is of unusual importance

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Potter will be eager to throw a diversionary line-up Lampard’s way in the hope of blindsiding him for two weeks time.

This is along the lines of what I was interested in hearing from others.
There's no way this game doesn't have some sort of impact on the real match in two weeks.

I don't think we want to show our hand. At the same time it's one of only two friendlies (that we are aware of) left before the season starts, so you probably don't want to waste it by pissing around with unlikely formations and tactics.
It's a really weird one.

I'm expecting potter to mess around with formations and tactics a LOT.
In there somewhere will be 15 minutes of whatever he thinks is the teams strongest approach.

el punal

Neither team will be full strength with all the international plsyers missing. Ali J will not make the sqad because running on in 70th minute from Tehran is not practical.

“Southern are sorry to announce that the 08.51 service from Tehran has been cancelled due to staff shortages. A replacement bus service will be in operation in due course.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here