Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gianni Infantino re-elected as Fifa president until 2027

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes. He secured the enlarged world cup for middle ranked nations. They then re-elected him for it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Today, I feel...rich.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This stuff makes me ponder? Is there a single administrator in any sport that’s widely admired as advancing and safeguarding their sport?

Football, cricket, rugby, athletics? At national and international level all widely distrusted and regarded as incompetent

What is it about sports governance that attracts such abysmal people?

Oh yeh, like with politicians? The chance to wield power and fleece a load of money out

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His speech was a little odd

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This stuff makes me ponder? Is there a single administrator in any sport that’s widely admired as advancing and safeguarding their sport?

Football, cricket, rugby, athletics? At national and international level all widely distrusted and regarded as incompetent

What is it about sports governance that attracts such abysmal people?

Oh yeh, like with politicians? The chance to wield power and fleece a load of money out
i'll pitch an unlikely candidate, Bernie Ecclestone. grew a fringe sport for playboys into an major international sporting franchise. still got very rich along the way, and very arrogant so not entirely popular. i dont think you'll hear about successful sport governance because its not as interesting as the failure or disruption. bit like dont hear much about the helpful MPs, more about the ones claiming for duckhouses. also lot of the time they aren't incompetent, just doing thing that not everyone agrees with, change upsets someone who'll make a big stink about it, even its overall beneficial.

the main problem with football is it doesnt really need much actual governance, and FIFA/UEFA dont really do much except preside over very lucrative tournements, creating slush funds that people dont see much benefit from.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here