Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Getting rid of bugs (silverfish)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I really need some help in eliminating horrible bugs - mainly silverfish that tend to hide in dark places. If there's a pile of clothes I have to shake them to make sure there's nothing unpleasant lurking in there. Same goes for a pile of papers (which seem to be their favourite). I have bought Rentokil spray from Robert Dyas and that is quite effective but it leaves things sticky and it's quite toxic to breathe in, leading to headaches.

Does anyone else have problems with these type of bugs? The only consolation is that they're quite clean, unlike cochroaches. But the speed at which they run gives me the creeps. The bathroom was easy to spray and they seem to have vanished from there but kitchen, living room and elsewhere less so.

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbsup:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Diatomaceous earth powder. Bit messy but it's natural, Best to sprinkle it around the areas using a tea strainer to spread it finely. Works well on fleas, cockroaches bed bugs etc and pretty much any bug with a hard shell. You have to leave it down for a few days though and best to use 'food' grade, not 'feed' grade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here