Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Get your non-fungible tokens (NFTs) here? WTF!

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
like saying they wont use bluetooth. its just a technoloogy, when something helpful using NFT presents itself, they'll use it.
But it's not just a new technology is it. The tockens are supposed to have an intrinsic value which can go up or down and thfooyball ones have mostly gone down.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But it's not just a new technology is it. The tockens are supposed to have an intrinsic value which can go up or down and thfooyball ones have mostly gone down.
that’s just an example of NFTs that are traded.

It’s basically just like a decentralised ledger for anything you want and allows you to easily trade / move whatever ‘it’ is.

Most courier and logistics companies are using blockchain in their day to day operations now

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nope and nope. first, confusing with crypto currencies, second neither crypto or NFT are supposed to go up or down in value. just supposed to have some value and utility, which to be fair is questionable in many cases. here the utility is simple collectability.

BrightOnLife

May 12, 2023
Can someone who knows wtf this is all this about explain in simple terms. It appears far more complex than the average woman's brain.

https://www.sorareceo.com/sorare-review/ is a pretty fair assessment.

I love the concept of the game a lot and I think it has a positive future but so far I haven't decided to spend any money on it. I've been quite enjoying the free-to-play mode so far.

The drop in prices of the cards at the end of last season makes me think I've made the right choice.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's a way of giving value to things which are completely worthless. Usually digital content like images. Even though other people can quite easily copy them.

You do realise that in 2023 most photographs are now digital images?

Do they not have any value because of that?

Quite sure people still make livings off selling digital images.

NFTs come with their own built in watermarks.

So they can claim a copyright like all other similar existing things.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
NFTs isn’t crypto currency’s.

Can see a lot of good use cases for NFTs in the future really, a lot of banks etc are investing heavily in trials to look at how they can adopt it given the efficiencies

Correct.

Digitalisation of assets will become a big thing going forward.

The big hedge funds are already getting involved in it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This piece from Clarkson (haters just move on!) amused me

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
just had a go at Sorare to see what it does, there's no NFTs or link to crypto there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Rare / So Rare / Unique / whatever cards are 'collectible' and tradeable - they're NFTs. Trading of these players is done using Ether - a cryptocurrency.

:shrug:
They'll also lose 90% of their 'value' in double-quick time, assuming the owner doesn't fall victim to a hacker first. All My Apes Gone :lol:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The Rare / So Rare / Unique / whatever cards are 'collectible' and tradeable - they're NFTs. Trading of these players is done using Ether - a cryptocurrency.

:shrug:
not very obvious, yes can see that now. have their won wallet and initially ask for credit card rathe than connect to Metamask i'm used to.
oh and ETH? they'll need to change that to be viable.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can someone who knows wtf this is all this about explain in simple terms. It appears far more complex than the average woman's brain.
NFTs are "one-of-a-kind" assets in the digital world that can be bought and sold like any other piece of property, but which have no tangible form of their own.
The digital tokens can be thought of as certificates of ownership for virtual or physical assets.
Traditional works of art such as paintings are valuable precisely because they are one of a kind.
But digital files can be easily and endlessly duplicated.
With NFTs, artwork can be "tokenised" to create a digital certificate of ownership that can be bought and sold.

Damien Hirst offered buyers a choice when he sold 10,000 pieces of his work, either to have the physical artwork, or to have the NFT instead and the split was about 50/50. When someone chose the BFT, he destroyed the original artwork so only the NFT remained

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I'm not having any of it.

I simply don't want anything that isn't completely fungible.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

borat

Jul 16, 2003
A sound investment, as guaranteed by the Bank of Hogwarts.
Not saying any NFTs are particularly sound investments (much like physical art) but NFTs are here to stay - The market will be a close to a £30 billion one by the end of the year and will grow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here