Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] George Ginn RIP

Jul 7, 2003
A Brighton institution. Even if you never went in, most people will have seen it while around the station area.

I remember going in there once and asking about a particular album. Must have been in the days before eBay. He said that he didn’t have it but if he came across a copy he would put it in the window so I could see it when I was passing by. Reminded me of how the shop in Bagpuss used to operate.

Nov 22, 2017
BN1
A lovely guy and a great shop for browsing and talking. I remember he got mugged by some scumbags breaking in about 10(?) years ago but he still kept the shop running and was back behind the counter within weeks. A real Brighton legend.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A true Brighton legend. I am old enough to remember it being located in North Rd in the days when a record shopping session would include George’s shop and The Cottage.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A lovely guy and a great shop for browsing and talking. I remember he got mugged by some scumbags breaking in about 10(?) years ago but he still kept the shop running and was back behind the counter within weeks. A real Brighton legend.
Yes I thought it was about 10 years ago too when he was mugged but I was surprised to discover it was actually nearly 24 years ago (November 1999). This article from 2002 references it...

Then 4 years ago, by which time the new owners were running it, a guy stole £1000 worth of albums....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here