Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] George Cohen

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
RIP George
The next time we visit the cottage i will pause at the statue and pay my respects (hoping that it is somewhere i can access)
Only if you've got into the home end! Thank you for your kind words, though. I just heard the tribute on the BBC news and almost had a moment. He was a real old school, suited and booted, modest man. I hope Fulham do the right thing and name the new stand after him instead of something naff and sponsored.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely man, had the pleasure of meeting him twice, once in 1975 when his brother, Peter, (father of Ben) was playing for Ford Prison FC (my dear old Dad was senior probation officer at the time) and then in 2001 at the Albion's Centenary Dinner. (A tough gig for him that night, an after dinner sppech to a around 1,000 diners, 80% of whom had no interest in listening to him)

Another legend gone 😞
I was at that Brighton Centre dinner. DK took the microphone from George and gruffly told the large audience to show respect!

RIP George, an English hero.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In fairness, "George Cohen" was a pretty vague thread title... :D

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Listening to Alan Mullery speaking about him on the radio. He said he'd been to about 18 funerals in the past year or so and how there were just the two WC heros left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here