Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine ticketing question

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Reading the thread below concerning man city's ticket prices at arsenal and Chelsea charging over £50 for away fans at cup games - would you still buy a ticket for the 4th round if we got arsenal and the club put the prices up to say £50 a ticket as the cheapest price and it wa son telly?

What would be the maximum you would pay to watch a premiership top 5 side?

current price. 28 for my seat in the north stand.

£40
£50
£60
£100

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I think £40 would be as far I'd go for atop price ticket, once you get to the £50 a game stage it was beyond ridiculus. I'll be paying £34 for my WSU seat and think that is perfectly fine for the next cup game whether it is Arsenal or Swansea.

Those regular Arsenal prices are a complete joke and if they wanted £50 for a replay I would definitely consider giving it a swerve.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the problem, or not.

My understanding is that Arsenal have a sliding scale ticket price policy.
They've had that for this season, I assume it's been in place for plenty of seasons.

Some Man City fans knew the price, and have said no.

Brighton have their price it's for us to decide.

Should the club throw in a one off £50 as pure profiteering then no I wouldn't pay.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I would not pay over the cost price of my seat £37, I actually think I should pay the ST price which is about £28

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But if you were barber, would you see it as profiteering....remember this is a commercial venture and the purpose of commercial ventures are to maximise profits.

His brief is to make as much profit as possible, and certainly arsenal fans are used to playing silly money for matches, therefore it could be argued that if we charge them £50 a pop, then we would have to charge our basic ticket at £50.

This may be a one off this season, so who could blame him for cashing in? Especially as it is now not on the telly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But if you were barber, would you see it as profiteering....remember this is a commercial venture and the purpose of commercial ventures are to maximise profits.

His brief is to make as much profit as possible, and certainly arsenal fans are used to playing silly money for matches, therefore it could be argued that if we charge them £50 a pop, then we would have to charge our basic ticket at £50.

This may be a one off this season, so who could blame him for cashing in? Especially as it is now not on the telly.

I think you are being harsh on Barber to be honest, I do not see the club moving away from it's regular pricing structure for any fixture (in an upwards direction at least), that is what non-league and lower division sides do to make the most of an unexpected windfall. If in the unlikely scenario that ticket prices were bumped up to £50 as a one-off I would not go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whacking in a one off big price is profiteering and incredibly short termism.

As said Hastings at home to Boro, would have been a cash cow.

Us at home to Arsenal (in theory) will be a regular fixture some day soon, and one a price structure can be put in place for, in July.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If/when we go up and our ticket prices jump to go with it then I doubt I'll be in a position to get a season ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here