[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All rather predictable.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It would appear contrary to opinions elsewhere he had been taking his preparation seriously, hence the sparring with a smaller Usyk like opponent.

The training camp schedule would have been on the cusp of stopping sparring almost certainly within the next week.

It happened back in 74 in Zaire and the Rumble in the Jungle, George Foreman was cut in sparring, although the fight was only postponed a few weeks, I saw one medical expert reckon with the existing scar tissue from a previous cut which needed 47 stitches, this could take up to 90 days to heal properly, which I’m sure the Saudis are going to love 🙈
All rather predictable.
If you can predict this HT, you’re in the wrong job 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I said this in post #17 in March 2023:
But unless he’s resorted to self harming I cannot see how this has been manufactured.

Unfortunately the unpredictable nature of Fury, ie his mental health and the unhealthy side of his entourage, currently dictates he needs boxing as much as boxing needs him.

I’ve always been concerned about what he’d do in retirement without the right guidance, if this is the end as many are predicting then who knows what the future holds? 🤷‍♂️

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But unless he’s resorted to self harming I cannot see how this has been manufactured.
Who knows but I’ve long had my suspicion about Fury and ducking of fights. Maybe he didn’t get a blade and deliberately cut himself but he could have deliberately taken unnecessary risks and/or put himself in harms way to get a convincing cut. I appreciate this is a damning suggestion but he really doesn’t seem to want to fight certain boxers and Usyk is one of them.

Let’s see how this plays out but I don’t see Usyk Fury happening now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, after retiring, then coming back, then retiring again, then only coming back to fight for free....sorry make that half a billion, no need to fight AJ............we now have Fury claiming he's NOT retiring again BUT will fight 5 times: Usyk twice (after pulling out of fights 3 times I think), AJ twice and then someone else. I think I have got this right; it's hard to keep up.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
So, after retiring, then coming back, then retiring again, then only coming back to fight for free....sorry make that half a billion, no need to fight AJ............we now have Fury claiming he's NOT retiring again BUT will fight 5 times: Usyk twice (after pulling out of fights 3 times I think), AJ twice and then someone else. I think I have got this right; it's hard to keep up.
Yep. The blokes a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here