Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Furloughed Pay

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I may be looking too hard or it's just not there in simple print.
From HMRC-
Employers can use a portal to claim for 80% of furloughed employees’ (employees on a leave of absence) usual monthly wage costs, up to £2,500 a month, plus the associated Employer National Insurance contributions and minimum automatic enrolment employer pension contributions on that wage. Employers can use this scheme anytime during this period.
So the question is still do I insert into the hours worked and hourly rate, say, 40 hours and £10 and then pay 80% of net or insert 40 and £8 and pay net? Serious question because in the case of my staff it's a difference of £57.

It's 80% of the gross.

If you normally pay £400 gross per week, instead pay £320 gross, be that 40 hours at £8 or 32 hours at £10. The latter may be preferable if the payroll software grumbles to you about National Minimum Wage.

Pay the employees the resulting net your payroll software churns out - don't apportion this!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
One of PPF's standard comments [emoji38]

You are doing it on purpose now.

Why do you insist on claiming that everyone that has a differing opinion or point of view has multiple accounts?
It was the same on the echo chamber that was the Brexit thread, anyone who wanted the largest political mandate handed to a government implemented was branded thick, uneducated and the holder of multiple accounts [emoji2371]
Time to get over yourself and move along.
Let’s lighten the mood, on my day off today I’m painting the hall and stairway ceilings, it’s a devil of a job but someone has to do it[emoji2]
#Bekind

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why do you insist on claiming that everyone that has a differing opinion or point of view has multiple accounts?
It was the same on the echo chamber that was the Brexit thread, anyone who wanted the largest political mandate handed to a government implemented was branded thick, uneducated and the holder of multiple accounts [emoji2371]
Time to get over yourself and move along.
Let’s lighten the mood, on my day off today I’m painting the hall and stairway ceilings, it’s a devil of a job but someone has to do it[emoji2]
#Bekind

I don't insist on claiming this at all. I have never once claimed this.

And I have never said anyone was 'thick' on the Brexit thread either. ( I entirely blame Facebook et al. for propagating false information, nudging public opinion, and in effect removing free will.... Shut it down now.... )

You doth protest too much, PPF.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't insist on claiming this at all. I have never once claimed this.

And I have never said anyone was 'thick' on the Brexit thread either. ( I entirely blame Facebook et al. for propagating false information, nudging public opinion, and in effect removing free will.... Shut it down now.... )

You doth protest too much, PPF.

:dunce:
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here