Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Funniest **likely** footballing story this season?

Which would be the funniest/most pleasing outcome?

• Portsmouth failing to make the play-offs, never mind promotion

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • Sheffield Wednesday being relegated

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • Wayne Rooney's Derby going down

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Celtic winning nothing, never mind 10 in a row

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Liverpool finishing outside the top 4 and winning nothing

Votes: 34 20.7%
  • Swindon Town going down to league 2

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Reading blowing a good position and failing to make the playoffs

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I've not quite got over Micheal Keane celebrating for Grimsby about us going down in 2003. Them getting relegated out the league will fill me with much amusement.

One of the cringiest on-pitch moments in my 30 odd years supporting Grimsby (and believe me, they're not a rare artefact) - we were already relegated ffs.

I'd take some solace in the fact you've fared somewhat better than we have in the 18 years since. We've been an absolute laughing stock for an overwhelming majority of that time, whilst it's hard to find a more respectable looking club than Brighton these days (albeit there are six clubs that haven't helped their argument this week).

The only hope I can take is that we are about to be taken over by a consortium of Grimsby-born, successful and respectable businessmen with some apparent principles and value. They don't have the wealth of your Tony, but the bar is so low at the minute it's still a massive upgrade.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
wpid-article-1330551415808-11f7bcd4000005dc-381918_223x335.jpg

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I have a Pompey supporting good friend who lives abroad. We often Whats App each other about our clubs fixtures and results. He seems to think that I want Pompey to do well and go up - I haven't the heart to tell him that I punch the air in delight when they lose. It's just ingrained over many years. Bad me. :(

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've gone for Derby, although is the loudness of the laugh based on the loudness of the pre season boast.
Rooney quietly took over at Derby and never shouted about taking them to the EPL, neither did he say they would be relegated.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have a Pompey supporting good friend who lives abroad. We often Whats App each other about our clubs fixtures and results. He seems to think that I want Pompey to do well and go up - I haven't the heart to tell him that I punch the air in delight when they lose. It's just ingrained over many years. Bad me. :(

Exactly the same for me. He used to cheer on Brighton when we were at Withdean. I fecking despise them from the first time I saw them at the Goldstone in our League Cup run in 1969.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I hate Massive more than any other club. My first girlfriend left me for a Wednesday supporter and I've disliked them ever since. It's a hatred that's matured over the years and the fans' antics in the last decade have sealed it for me.

I shall be laughing like Sid James if they go down

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Mine is Cowdenbeath because I like steak (medium well).
Mine as well as most of my family are buried in Cowdenbeath cemetery though if Kelty Hearts get promoted to the 2nd division then I shall sadly have to change alliance as that's where we are from!

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate Massive more than any other club. My first girlfriend left me for a Wednesday supporter and I've disliked them ever since. It's a hatred that's matured over the years and the fans' antics in the last decade have sealed it for me.

I shall be laughing like Sid James if they go down
We had a whole posse of Wednesday supporting twunts on my university course. Absolute bell ends and I love seeing them fck it up for that reason.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
One of the cringiest on-pitch moments in my 30 odd years supporting Grimsby (and believe me, they're not a rare artefact) - we were already relegated ffs.

I'd take some solace in the fact you've fared somewhat better than we have in the 18 years since. We've been an absolute laughing stock for an overwhelming majority of that time, whilst it's hard to find a more respectable looking club than Brighton these days (albeit there are six clubs that haven't helped their argument this week).

The only hope I can take is that we are about to be taken over by a consortium of Grimsby-born, successful and respectable businessmen with some apparent principles and value. They don't have the wealth of your Tony, but the bar is so low at the minute it's still a massive upgrade.
Sorry to ask this as I'm sure you have been asked many times. Why do you post on a BHA board and still here after 11 years?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It’s a fair question and one I’m not actually asked as frequently as you might expect.

I’m a bit of a stadium nerd and as a supporter of a club that’s been attempting to relocate practically as long as I’ve been alive, was intrigued as to how ‘lowly’ League One Brighton were funding a move to a stadium as fabulous as the Amex. I was unaware of the good work of Tony Bloom at that point.

So I think I stuck around to follow construction updates, and must have found my way onto a few other (mostly non-Albion) threads. I just find it to be a brilliant forum in general with such a broad range of people - lots of intelligent, funny posters with some great and (mostly) well considered debate. Oh, and a random Swede for good measure!

What’s great about it for me, is that it’s actually often more useful than other topic-specific forums when you need help and advice. I owe my full range of kitchen equipment, my car and even the purchase of my house to the sage advice of NSC.

I don’t typically follow the Albion threads because, as you suggest, I don’t really have an interest in the Albion as such though I do tend to look out for your results and wish you well as much as a neutral can, on the strength of my experiences on here. There are some exceptions - the one with the guy running to take Vicente’s contract to him at the airport was an absolute banger!

Fun fact: David Stockdale’s niece is in my lad’s class at school.

Anyway, that’s enough blowing smoke up your collective arses for one night - back to whatever you were doing you ‘orrible southern bàstards! :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All of them are brilliant.

Pompey for me though. I'd prefer them to fail in the play offs but bit risky so let them miss out altogether.

Won't be long before we start hearing Cowley Brothers out from the morons down there

Yes, Pompey's annual bid to avoid promotion is always a better watch when it falls at the final hurdle. Especially after having given Kenny Jackett so much grief.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Before this week I'd have said Wednesday or Pompey, but given this week I voted Liverpool. Hialrious that the gods of football can't even finish in the top 4 of English football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nothing, and I mean nothing from a football perspective would please me more than to see liverpool come out of this season with absolutely nothing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A disadvantage of Wednesday getting relegated (as well as Sheff. Utd by the way) is that their lovely near neighbours Leeds will be all over it. I wouldn't wish that on any set of fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here