Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham Pretend Injury Watch

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The case for 30 minutes each way, with the 4th. official having a stopwatch (and a big clock in the stadium which everyone can see) - and actually a worthwhile job to do - stopwatch stopped when the ball goes out of play, or play is stopped for any other reason - grows and grows with every PL match played.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The sit down one was a smart move, as it was the first break of play after Pervis' handball.
The player made sure VAR had a good long look at that - and we clearly didn't get that time back.

Not seen that done before - guarantee we'll be seeing quite a lot of it in the future.
Pervis at Fulham away did similar in terms of ‘injury’ to make sure they looked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The case for 30 minutes each way, with the 4th. official having a stopwatch (and a big clock in the stadium which everyone can see) - and actually a worthwhile job to do - stopwatch stopped when the ball goes out of play, or play is stopped for any other reason - grows and grows with every PL match played.
Think I said on here from the mouth of RDZ at a fans thing - the average the ball is in play on 90 mins is 45 mins. Interesting stat. Villa was 42 mins. I guess, although that doesn’t sound like a lot of difference, it’s in theory 6 mins additional stoppage time on top of the normal added on time that should have been added…

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What an abysmal game this has been
I rather enjoyed it. Not a classic, but the outcome wasn't known right until the end. Fulham miss Mitrovic badly. They are very anaemic without him.

Wolves are like watching paint dry. Imagine having a season ticket at Molineux. :sleep:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think I said on here from the mouth of RDZ at a fans thing - the average the ball is in play on 90 mins is 45 mins. Interesting stat. Villa was 42 mins. I guess, although that doesn’t sound like a lot of difference, it’s in theory 6 mins additional stoppage time on top of the normal added on time that should have been added…
It's a bit more than that. SSN did a feature on it this morning - Fulham, Villa and Wolves weren't actually the worst offenders. I can't remember who was, but Newcastle were the second worst. Make of that what you will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The onus isn't on the opposition to play us in a manner conducive to us winning
No it isn't, and if they can reduce our chances with anti-football, then power to them. But we had chances and they got lucky that we didn't take them. Our XG was over 2, there's was 0.3 (I think, from memory). They got lucky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a bit more than that. SSN did a feature on it this morning - Fulham, Villa and Wolves weren't actually the worst offenders. I can't remember who was, but Newcastle were the second worst. Make of that what you will.
Villa are awful.

305C52CB-4F7E-4980-95D3-CD0208AA43E8.png
ED12F979-9951-4987-BD23-6F1B2CB0046E.png

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can only imagine 1 scenario where we would get a yellow card for time wasting.

"Brighton have been given a yellow card for time wasting, it's a bit harsh on the penalty taker as he hasn't missed it yet"

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure I disagree with most of what you say Swannie …but I do re harassing the ref…we are very much the captain doing the talking….course next week Gross will be sent off for verbally abusing the ref in the tunnel
Not sure Lamie, we were frustratingly passive under Potter, we definitely are getting ‘better’ at talking to to the ref…… everyone else does it and the fact we didn’t put us at a disadvantage

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
This. Simples.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Palhinha out for 2 games means we'll be more dependent on new signing Lukic for midfield steel. On last night's showing, he looks promising. Vinnicius is still way off being an effective Mitro-clone. Manor Solomon is brilliant and winning / drawing games by himself albeit not fully match fit. 3 goals in 42 minutes of play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I guess that whilst Mitrovich is out of the side and particularly for away games, these are tactics that they will continue to use.

A shame because l thought Fulham's footballing ethos was rather better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here