Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham Pretend Injury Watch

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I guess that whilst Mitrovich is out of the side and particularly for away games, these are tactics that they will continue to use.

A shame because l thought Fulham's footballing ethos was rather better than that.

It has been until the Brighton game! Maybe now we're safe, things will go back to normal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Palhinha out for 2 games means we'll be more dependent on new signing Lukic for midfield steel. On last night's showing, he looks promising. Vinnicius is still way off being an effective Mitro-clone. Manor Solomon is brilliant and winning / drawing games by himself albeit not fully match fit. 3 goals in 42 minutes of play.
Just dependant on cheating more likely. lost a huge amount of respect for Fulham after last week.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Every time I saw Silva yesterday he was apologising for the performance against Brighton.He was so embarrassed. That Solomon is some player though ain’t he?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not much dying Swan lastnight as they were losing. Wolves used it go there advantage though which must have riled a bit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The case for 30 minutes each way, with the 4th. official having a stopwatch (and a big clock in the stadium which everyone can see) - and actually a worthwhile job to do - stopwatch stopped when the ball goes out of play, or play is stopped for any other reason - grows and grows with every PL match played.
The problem with timewasting is not the time. It is the disruption of the flow of the game.

I suggested the other day that the game should be stopped only:

1. If there is an obvious head injury, with the fourth official alerting the ref if he misses it
2. If there is a serious injury requiring a substitution. The player or the captain can alert the ref over this. If the player makes a miraculous recovery he gets a red card for disrupting play.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The onus isn't on the opposition to play us in a manner conducive to us winning - unless you're as arrogant as Klipperty.
Completely agree. It’s something you read on the forums of all the big clubs…‘wouldn’t want to watch that every week’….Seems some of our fans aren’t immune to that type of arrogance and have forgotten the thousands of times we have been in a similar position in our history. You play to win. Fulham won.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Why was it a fluke?
They had a game plan, stuck to it, completely knocked us out of our stride and took their chance.

We definitely surround the ref more, Groß and when on The Lana don't give him a moments peace.
Moises and Ali are going to surpass 10 booking each, 90% of which must be professional fouls.

If Forest get something this weekend, all you crying and bitching about Fulham, next Saturday will be desperate for their free flowing brand of football.
Surely the point about the way Fulham played is that it was clearly their manager's tactics to break up the play at every available opportunity
Every time I saw Silva yesterday he was apologising for the performance against Brighton.He was so embarrassed. That Solomon is some player though ain’t he?
Hmmmmmm - mission accomplished though wasn't it - easy to appear to apologise when everything you planned came off

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Surely the point about the way Fulham played is that it was clearly their manager's tactics to break up the play at every available opportunity

Hmmmmmm - mission accomplished though wasn't it - easy to appear to apologise when everything you planned came off
I was thinking the same thing. It was almost as if he was saying, I never told them to play like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here