• Friday Night

Votes: 45 93.8%
  • Monday Night

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So we can all watch MOTD tonight, with the nervousness of the impending game tomorrow.

Now, everyone with a brain cell knows that Saturday 3 o'clock is the right answer, but given we now live in a world that is completely defined by 'the kids' :rolleyes:

If you have to choose, Friday night 3 points and then watch the weekend with no stress watching them try and catch up ?
or
Monday night when we surge through to show the pathetic bottlers what they should have done ?

And no fence sitting bollocks

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Friday night. My reason isn't football related but i like the friday feel good factor, no work the next day. A great way to start the weekend.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Everyone's lost interest by Monday, so Friday, plus Friday evening is still the weekend, unlike Montag.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Friday night win removes all stress.

Feck Monday night I am crapping myself about Sunday!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Get the agony out of the way.

In fact, given the uncertainty in my life, now I'm in my mid 60s, I think I may as well nip off and shoot myself first thing.

Except that by first thing I will have forgotten.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Friday night. Can then plan a proper weekend with the family.

A win sets that weekend up, a loss is quickly forgotten and the weekend is continued, unaffected.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Monday night is an absolutely terrible time for football

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I love Friday night games as much as a Saturday 3pm.

Championship promotion season was particularly good for Friday nighters. Someone can correct me, but I’m fairly sure we won every single Friday night game that year, and they were often followed by the chasers dropping points of the weekend. Some significant wins as well, like Sheffield Wednesday home and QPR away.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I love Friday night games as much as a Saturday 3pm.

Championship promotion season was particularly good for Friday nighters. Someone can correct me, but I’m fairly sure we won every single Friday night game that year, and they were often followed by the chasers dropping points of the weekend. Some significant wins as well, like Sheffield Wednesday home and QPR away.

Loved the Friday games that season, Derby and Reading home wins too I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Friday night every time ........ err ....... we are talking about a Friday night win aren't we?

Losing on a Friday night, on the other hand .............................

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Monday is a work day and the stresses of that detract from the footie for me.

Friday night is the weekend and football is a key part of the weekend. Us and the rest of the games, see who's won, lost, drawn is all part of the weekend for me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Loved the Friday games that season, Derby and Reading home wins too I think.

Reading was a Saturday evening KO, I think. I’ve just checked the record via the appendix in Brighton Up::

Forest (H) - 3-0
Leeds (H) - 2-0
Villa (H) - 1-1
Massive (H) - 2-1
Derby (H) - 3-0
QPR (A) - 2-1
Wolves (A) - 2-0
Norwich. (A) - 0-2

So I was wrong about the 100% record (although 3 days on the lash before Norwich A wasn’t an ideal preparation), but there are some huge Friday wins there, most of which were followed by significant results against the teams chasing us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Friday night no question, a chance to see your fave footie team win, with whole weekend to enjoy in front of you.

Monday is the start of a new working week, and football has no place in it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Definitely Friday night. Early finish at work, few beers before, no stress to get back so a beer after then beers in town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here