Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night drinking thread...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Van Volxem is superb (as you well know). I would rate JJ Prum slightly higher than your (oh so subtle) slight dissing.

You did indeed introduce me to Heymann-Lowenstein. Very fine it was too.

Tonight: ‘91 Jaboulet Cornas vs ‘91 Guigal Hermitage.

Will any of these pair well with a tasty and delicious streaky bacon sandwich? :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fantastic ale :thumbsup:

CO-OP Peacehaven sell it £4 for 2 bottles.

Nowt wrong with any of their beers, Sussex Dark probably my favourite, especially this time of year when I miss King & Barnes Old Ale.

I have got a couple of bottles of Sussex Dark and had some last weekend, it’s also nice.
Not tried it yet but I’ve also bought some bottles of Sussex IPA.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a fairly eclectic taste range, my all time favourite is a Barossa, St Hallet Old Block Shiraz but my cellar has more claret in it than any other. I like to buy en primeur when a good vintage is declared. A super dry Chablis/Chardonnay makes my day, as does a properly aged Rioja. And as for vintage port, it’s a wonderful thing to have. You mentioned Riesling, I like a dry one, do you have any particular preferences as I’ve not found anything that really floats my boat recently, German or elsewhere.

:needpics:

wine-cellar-hp-GQ-01Apr15_istock_b.jpg

or more

A-well-stocked-beer-fridge-is-the-hit-of-summer-parties-675x900.jpg

???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
5 cans of Scrumpy Jack, it may be cheap but it gets you there.

If there is an emergency at home in the alcohol area I sometimes nip to the local store and end up drinking that K cider in the black cans...... like you say it’s cheap, nasty but gets you there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If there is an emergency at home in the alcohol area I sometimes nip to the local store and end up drinking that K cider in the black cans...... like you say it’s cheap, nasty but gets you there.

I fear I may have been indiscrete about my chosen alcohol last night, went to my local Morrison's to find the Scrumpy Jack area wiped clean :mad:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I fear I may have been indiscrete about my chosen alcohol last night, went to my local Morrison's to find the Scrumpy Jack area wiped clean :mad:

I won’t tell anyone

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I’ve been drinking all Steve’s free samples he gets given for The Gin Tub recently... and more. Production has ground to a halt on several occasions.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nice, will take a look, prefer a fully dry one, like to have it as a drink, got converted to it in Aus, but will look at Butlers. As for [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION], nah, he knows nothing [emoji1]

Most of Van Volxem's wines are dry. Butlers often has them too. I get them direct from the source. It's considerably cheaper that way.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I have a Eurocave Artevino 230 bottle wine maturing cabinet, basically it simulates the conditions in a cellar, low and consistent temperature with no light. I’d love a real cellar, a bit too expensive to install compared to a wine store like the Artevino.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have a Eurocave Artevino 230 bottle wine maturing cabinet, basically it simulates the conditions in a cellar, low and consistent temperature with no light. I’d love a real cellar, a bit too expensive to install compared to a wine store like the Artevino.

I gather that someone who has posted on this thread now has two cellars. Mind, we're hopefully (eventually) moving in January, and are exploring the idea of excavating to put in a cellar. Probably won't happen, but the surveyor is in on Tuesday and has been primed on the plans, of which he approves.

PS if you like Chablis as a style, Van Volxem's dry Rieslings will fit your bill I think/hope.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Literally just had a box of 8 Fuerst Wiacek IPAs arrive....plus some nice glasses they threw in as a Black Friday gift. That’s my post match evening sorted. They are 4 IPAs which have all been brewed identically apart from the hops.

It's Complicated IPA
IPA – Dry hopped with Citra, Azacca, Simcoe & Cashmere.
ABV: 6.8 %
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Wheat, Oat, Hops, Yeast

Polychrome IPA
IPA – Dry hopped with Citra, Mosaic & Amarillo.

Everything Is Under Control IPA
IPA – Dry hopped with Citra, Mosaic & Enigma.

Eat The Salad IPA
IPA – Dry hopped with Vic Secret & Citra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here