Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Free Water

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All those running taps on street corners or squares in Rome are free drinking water. Cup your hands together and enjoy free, fresh, cool drinking water.
As a side though, that's a lot of water going to waste.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All those running taps on street corners or squares in Rome are free drinking water. Cup your hands together and enjoy free, fresh, cool drinking water.
As a side though, that's a lot of water going to waste.
1. Don’t cup your hands together, put your thumb over the spout and a drinking stream will come up out of the small hole further up the pipe.
2. All of the water is recycled into agricultural use

2,500 such fountains available 👍

gladiaasroma

Feb 23, 2024
When I was last in Rome I took the advice of a tour guide and drank from the free fountain near the coliseum. I spent the next 3 days no more than a couple of metres from a toilet.

I'm sure many have tougher guts, but good luck!
I believe that the three days you spent in the bathroom were not due to the water you drank....absolutely....the water in Rome has always been among the best in the world...believe me...that's 42 I've been drinking it from my tap for years

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I believe that the three days you spent in the bathroom were not due to the water you drank....absolutely....the water in Rome has always been among the best in the world...believe me...that's 42 I've been drinking it from my tap for years
I think you had some very good plumbers many years ago :smile: :wink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1. Don’t cup your hands together, put your thumb over the spout and a drinking stream will come up out of the small hole further up the pipe.
IMG_3442.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here