Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] For all those at Selhurst in 2003

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I think youā€™re right. Hoping for 5nil is unlikely to ever happen, and we mustnā€™t be greedy. Especially whilst weā€™ve European distractionā€¦.which Palace never had! :lolol:
I was hoping for a fifth but my mrs turns to me and says Iā€™ve bet 4-1 with 10 mins to go so didnā€™t want a fifth as she paid for dinner tonight!!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Oh. But that wasn't the payback. No no.

After the 2003, after their play off win, after their lucky as f*** lockdown Amex win, we owe them much much more than that.

Today was just a down payment, The real revenge is yet to come

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was hoping for a fifth but my mrs turns to me and says Iā€™ve bet 4-1 with 10 mins to go so didnā€™t want a fifth as she paid for dinner tonight!!
:bowdown::clap:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Personally I was disappointed. Revenge for that game was so on the cards and the ghosts could have been permanently laid to rest. However we have to suck up a 4-1 and wait another day to beat those cints by 5 so we can all sleep easy knowing order has been restored and our PTSD can be cured. It was there on a plate.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
For me the ghost of that game was put to bed after the 3-1 at the Amex. 3 up at half time after scoring 2 playing with only ten men verses losing 5-0 when we had a player sent off. They were abject then as well. That game was the turning point for me.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have noticed recently thar the beeb website often refers to 4-1 wins as "thrashings". So there you go, I think it should be a 5 goal difference but who am I to argue.
I agree 4-1 is a thrashing. Itā€™s better than 3-0 which is a proper beating, but Iā€™m not sure it is a ā€˜thrashingā€™. 4-1 is, that extra goal matters because it makes the consolation seem a bit pathetic, and not worth the effort.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Selhurst Oct 2002 is one of my darkest days supporting the club but surprisingly I was actually over it when we beat them up there in 2004 with Paul McShaneā€™s winner.

The only slight negative about yesterday?

No clean sheet, and maybe we took our foot of the gas, at 3-0 nil with them so dire, we could have had a cricket score, but heigh ho, 4-1 will do šŸ˜‚

Oct 3, 2023
Still not over that day! Never been back since. Really wanted us to get five nil, wasn't to be but ainā€™t complaining because I didnā€™t even want to be there today was so convinced weā€™d lose. A famous win, well done boys!!! Did us proud.
Same for me- never been back and been waiting for us to exact revenge. Nearly the case yesterday! To see the emptying stand and silence from their fans was a joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here