Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football's social media boycott 30/4 - 3/5

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s a nice gesture but it won’t see any change these sites are all about the traffic and there will be as many people talking about the blackout as the games themselves.

It would take law and regulations for them to change their approach

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is a very fair question. But sadly you won't get an answer as they "don't discuss mod decisions". Why you would continually allow the same suspects time and time again and not always hiding under another username is baffling and deeply saddening.

View attachment 136137

I eventually blocked two or three on here who have posted blatant, or consistently snidey, racist comments. I'm not missing them.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I have no idea if the social media ban will do anything or not but it is highlighting the problem so can't be a bad thing. If it annoys a few racists and stops them posting for a weekend then so much the better.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I eventually blocked two or three on here who have posted blatant, or consistently snidey, racist comments. I'm not missing them.

Probably a wise thing to do. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why the owner and mods of this board that has close connections to the club and so presumably its campaign to stop online abuse/racism/homophobia/misogyny, think it is OK to ban people for racist remarks three times and still allow them to post again under the same username.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sportsman related, but I think this was positive news about anonymous trolling/abuse.

A very heavy price paid for being a cowardly tw*t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57684497

A person who used anonymous Twitter accounts to make defamatory remarks about Stephen Nolan has apologised and agreed to pay a six-figure damages sum.

The BBC radio and TV presenter traced the identity of the person who was behind an online campaign against him.

In a statement issued by the person's lawyer, they admitted that the claims they made were "totally unsubstantiated and without foundation".

Mr Nolan said: "This should be a warning to all trolls."

The individual admitted running a campaign which "involved the systematic dissemination of false and defamatory allegations" against Mr Nolan.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not sportsman related, but I think this was positive news about anonymous trolling/abuse.

A very heavy price paid for being a cowardly tw*t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57684497

A person who used anonymous Twitter accounts to make defamatory remarks about Stephen Nolan has apologised and agreed to pay a six-figure damages sum.

The BBC radio and TV presenter traced the identity of the person who was behind an online campaign against him.

In a statement issued by the person's lawyer, they admitted that the claims they made were "totally unsubstantiated and without foundation".

Mr Nolan said: "This should be a warning to all trolls."

The individual admitted running a campaign which "involved the systematic dissemination of false and defamatory allegations" against Mr Nolan.

Should be named and shamed despite his contrition and pleas for anonymity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here