Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football stands?

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
spionbloomfieldstadium.jpg

Blackpool used to have a huge terrace behind one goal.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't remember the date of the Albion v Charlton match on New Years Day - prob late 80's - but I remember we filled the stand behind one goal with 4,000 or so and the rest of the ground was empty. I know memory plays tricks on us but I'm sure there were only about 6,000 in the ground. I also recall that we won!

That was the only time I did 2 games in a day. Thought I'd take a look at the big league and watched Arsenal v Spurs, paid on the day.

That was a early KO then sped down to the Valley just in time to see the only goal, scored after 4 mins. Good day out although the Arsenal/Spurs game meant nothing to me. Wouldn't be able to afford 2 games now!

The 4-3 defeat at Charlton was a real cracker. We were, mostly, behind the goal but I think we had freedom of movement so some may well have watched from the sidea.

We also had a 4-0 win there when Ronnie Howell scored 3.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I heard that from the top corner of St Jamses park its 0.5 miles to the center spot!!

Hmmm, not sure about that...but whatever it is pales into insignificance compared to the away end at Withdean...conveniently located in Hove!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Take a look at these for quality.. The Hillsborough Kop when it held 24,000 in the late 80's. Decent.

Attachments

• HillsboroughKop.jpg
    HillsboroughKop.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 244
  • HillsboroughKop2.jpg
    HillsboroughKop2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 267

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here