Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football, Shoreham TONIGHT 6:35ko

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Evening. My 6 a side team are a bit short tonight, we're kicking off at 6:35 in Shoreham, on the site of the old school... Kings Manor? Either way, it's a pitch invasion league. Skill level irrelevant, we wear white shirts so England garb is fine. Please PM me! £5 to play, but it's a good workout. We only have 4, so 2 needed. Please get in touch asap!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm always a bit suprised that with the number of football fans using this site, there is a lack of people who seem keen to play the game. I know there wasn't much notice given on this occasion, which couldn't be helped unfortunately, but in general it's a bit of a shame.

The 4 of us drew 3-3 with their 6, and we nearly won it with the last kick of the game. Yours truly was in goal, hence the 3 shipped in to the back of our net. :down:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Do a poll on who plays some sort of football and I reckon you'll be surprised.

You gave little more than an hours notice - most people are still at work/on their way home at that time to be fair.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wish I'd have known sooner and I'd have played

Well, I had checked to see if you were online and indeed you were. If not, your mum looked pretty handy shoving that trolley about in Tesco, she could have done a job for us.

Do a poll on who plays some sort of football and I reckon you'll be surprised.

You gave little more than an hours notice - most people are still at work/on their way home at that time to be fair.

I wouldn't be suprised, I know a lot of people play. Which is why I had hoped we'd find someone, I have posted on here a few times needing someone and had a couple of quality players show up, [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]'s son being the pick of them (no offence [MENTION=3258]Da Man Clay[/MENTION]). I do understand it was pretty short notice, but it was viewed 80 times before 6pm, I was hoping someone would be up for it. But not to worry, we got a result.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'm always a bit suprised that with the number of football fans using this site, there is a lack of people who seem keen to play the game. I know there wasn't much notice given on this occasion, which couldn't be helped unfortunately, but in general it's a bit of a shame.

The 4 of us drew 3-3 with their 6, and we nearly won it with the last kick of the game. Yours truly was in goal, hence the 3 shipped in to the back of our net. :down:

to be fair it was pissing with rain. And in Shoreham.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can confirm this...torrential and cold

That's an attitude, certainly. I think differently. I have bad knees, but reluctantly miss up the chance to play. I have nothing against anyone choosing differently, obviously, but think there's more than just the weather.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well, I had checked to see if you were online and indeed you were. If not, your mum looked pretty handy shoving that trolley about in Tesco, she could have done a job for us.

I wouldn't be suprised, I know a lot of people play. Which is why I had hoped we'd find someone, I have posted on here a few times needing someone and had a couple of quality players show up, [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION]'s son being the pick of them (no offence [MENTION=3258]Da Man Clay[/MENTION]). I do understand it was pretty short notice, but it was viewed 80 times before 6pm, I was hoping someone would be up for it. But not to worry, we got a result.

None taken. More than aware I'm not the most technically gifted!! Though 13 goals in 7 league games this year for my Sunday side is a pretty satisfactory return!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
None taken. More than aware I'm not the most technically gifted!! Though 13 goals in 7 league games this year for my Sunday side is a pretty satisfactory return!

I have never played with a more commanding defender. How many of the 13 have been headers?! Fair play though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have never played with a more commanding defender. How many of the 13 have been headers?! Fair play though.

4 I think. Haven't scored a great deal of headers until this year surprisingly. Only play centre half in 5-a-side. Striker or at best a holding midfielder in Sunday league!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
4 I think. Haven't scored a great deal of headers until this year surprisingly. Only play centre half in 5-a-side. Striker or at best a holding midfielder in Sunday league!

I remember you saying actually. Either way, you're a nightmare to play against! You'd have been perfect tonight, big man to play off. We have speed, skill and work rate in our ranks (when I'm in goal and not on pitch!) and a focal point would bring everything together perfectly. We make plenty of pretty passes and retain the ball well, but if you fancy knocking in a goal or two, you need to be able to get the ball further up the pitch. To be fair (the other members of the team who played tonight are NSC lurkers so I need to be careful with my words...), the chap we had as the focal point was superb, absolutely superb and plundered a glorious hattrick. But if we could play him off someone like you... Any level of football, teams would have serious problems.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's an attitude, certainly. I think differently. I have bad knees, but reluctantly miss up the chance to play. I have nothing against anyone choosing differently, obviously, but think there's more than just the weather.

Erm...it was a light hearted comment ..but seeing as you have made it more serious...most of the day up a ladder cutting hedges or with a 20ft pole hedge cutter has personally left me done in..but hey ho like i said its all light hearted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here