Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on Cruise ships

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wondering if anyone knows if OP is going on a six day cruise with Royal Caribbean leaving from Southampton May 20 next year. WELL? ???

Wondering for a friend.

No he isn’t, because Cup Final Day is May 23rd - my wife’s birthday.

So we’ll be in it and we’ll win!!🍾🍾⚽⚽

..... possibly.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I went on a cruise with Harry Redknapp last year, we had a rollicking good time but no football was not shown.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There may be football on the ship, but I wouldn't go overboard about it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken from Havant sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis? My idea of absolute hell.
Well if you're into GILF it's probably a good place to be. Or if your pensions looking a bit dicey and you need an older widow/widower who will probably cark it before you.

bhabloke

Oct 18, 2003
Mile Oak
I sailed on Royal Carribean to Norway on the very day of the cup final a few years back It was on everywhere, even in your cabin. They had it on the big deck screen too. I remember being served beer on a deck chair watching as we sailed away. Bloody marvellous.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Depends on the ship as some have a sports bar @publius ovidius is the resident cruise expert.

There are many sports bars on royal carribean ships.

The ones that come out of Southampton tend to be the bigger ones, like independence of the seas. They are very much party ships and you will have a good time.

Just mind out for the English who can’t hold their drink!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Football on a cruise ship? Walking football probably.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm on one in the arctic circle at the moment :smile:

15733277093864248488844107299401.jpg

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I watched the England v Czech Republic game on a Princess Cruise a few weeks ago but strangely they didn’t show the Bulgaria game a few days later. Also saw the 4-0 drubbing by Liverpool last game of the season last year whilst on a cruise. So yes they do show the footie when they can.

Come to think of it that Liverpool game was the most depressing game I can ever remember. No effort whatsoever to compete. I think Hughton was actually pleased with that result. So glad he’s gone now

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
With all due respect to the OP, why the hell would anyone want to be stuck on a boat with a load of CJTCs for days on end, having dullard couple Maureen and Ken from Havant sitting across from you at the dining table breakfast, lunch and dinner; b-list cabaret troupes singing and dancing the songs from the shows, school play standard productions of Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis? My idea of absolute hell.

Ignore what this Neanderthal says. You’ll have a great time, and the FA Cup Final will be shown live on board just about every cruise ship around the world.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Your mum and dad might decide to eat in another restaurant for a couple of nights leaving you on your own

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here