Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football murals

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was in Manchester today and saw these 2 very impressive murals. Apart from the Albion ones, have you seen any better than these? The Guardiola one is particularly well done I thought (I hope the home owner is a Citeh fan!)

1000012215.jpeg

1000012208.jpeg

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
No I haven't seen any better but I do think a great place for a mural in Brighton would be across that really grim looking foot bridge that goes across the Lewes Road to connect the Uni sites. I'd put some money towards a crowd funder for that! As TBMBE has the freedom of the city I think the club emblem should be put on it at least. It's a really bloody miserable looking footbridge. 🤷‍♀️

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Not better, but I was surprised to find a big Mo Salah mural in New York a couple of years ago. His hair is smaller images of him, it's quite cleverly done.

mo.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There’s a few in Berlin, the most famous one is probably “Gewachsen auf Beton” (raised on concrete) which is in the Wedding district and a tribute to the Boateng brothers from that area. Wedding has a few tough areas and quite a lot of concrete.

41A49416-D142-4DDE-9889-8214E91B6E6F.jpeg

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
While a million times better than anything I could do, only the one by the station stands up to others in this thread-the one vandalised by Palace and ended up looking even better
street-art-church-road-brighton.jpg
brunomural_0012-e1576063901748.jpg
england-east-sussex-hove-western-road-mural-of-the-brighton-hove-albion-football-team-members-...jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We may as well get it in before one of their NSC toadies does: the one of Princess Tiny Tears near Selhurst Park is, whatever you think of the man or the club, a decent bit of work, spoiled only by a few No Waiting signs and the fact that it's Wilfried Zaha. All the funnier that he took the midnight express to Istanbul a mere few months after they honoured him in this way.

Shame for the person whose house it is though: probably knocked about twenty grand off the value.

52946184757_d85fe4f616_z.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
View attachment 171974
Some background here ;

Coulda shoulda would’ve been on a Brighton building - Muiry that is!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Coulda shoulda would’ve been on a Brighton building - Muiry that is!
Signed for Tranmere by the great Frank Worthington. Looking at the relative appearances and goals for Tranmere versus for Brighton I can see why he is on the wall up here rather than down your way.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Signed for Tranmere by the great Frank Worthington. Looking at the relative appearances and goals for Tranmere versus for Brighton I can see why he is on the wall up here rather than down your way.

Yes, Uncle Frank saw his potential - shame Chris Cattlin and Lou Macari (who had him on loan at Swindon for a few weeks) didn’t .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We may as well get it in before one of their NSC toadies does: the one of Princess Tiny Tears near Selhurst Park is, whatever you think of the man or the club, a decent bit of work, spoiled only by a few No Waiting signs and the fact that it's Wilfried Zaha. All the funnier that he took the midnight express to Istanbul a mere few months after they honoured him in this way.

Shame for the person whose house it is though: probably knocked about twenty grand off the value.

52946184757_d85fe4f616_z.jpg
Surprised the house hasn't fallen over....

(and as you say the value of the house probably took a dive).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here