Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Job Opportunity

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I too also applied - They were impressed that I didn't have any kids to pick up after school; however, when I stated that I would need 5 minutes off twice per year to have a W4NK - they told me that that just wouldn't be possible.

@Mods - Palace

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
(there are ladles in my kitchen)

Nice

Ladles-101.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“ This is a ”hands on role” and requires hands on leadership from the front so “delegators” and “office dwellers” please don't apply. If not already apparent, we are not a Premiership Club and therefore every penny and every fan has to be fought for and respected. You will need to be proactive in your approach to everything. We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.”

As that northern bigot on Harry Enfield said “I have two things to say about that, shite…… and shite”

In fact, it seems he wrote the advert.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm sure this has just caught Crodo's attention because of the social media FROTH attached to that advert (if they're not burning bras and screaming "will someone please think of the children" over on Mumsnet already they soon will be) but there is also the story about their owner laying on a massive party for Brexit at the club and then not paying his staff.

[TWEET]1243226082406551553[/TWEET]

Anyway, B-word aside, good luck whoever takes that job. Wesham is tiny. To the coast you have Lytham which is full of retired millionaires who all either play golf or watch the rugby team, five miles on from there you have Blackpool and five miles the other way from Wesham is Preston. And I've barely mentioned Fleetwood.

Perhaps the all-hours job will simply involve sitting in pubs in Kirkham and Wesham and asking people how they voted in the referendum?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it's a great advert. The amount of utter dross that applies to any job advert going means it's really hard to weed out the people that are really prepared to go the extra mile in the role. This is a good way of doing it.

Employers don't have to offer flexi time to pick up the kids from school etc, and if this one is never going to do anything like that then well done for being brave enough to say so in the advert. I bet they get some great applications. All the people so mortally offended by it- don't apply. Easy.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think it's a great advert. The amount of utter dross that applies to any job advert going means it's really hard to weed out the people that are really prepared to go the extra mile in the role. This is a good way of doing it.

Employers don't have to offer flexi time to pick up the kids from school etc, and if this one is never going to do anything like that then well done for being brave enough to say so in the advert. I bet they get some great applications. All the people so mortally offended by it- don't apply. Easy.

No, but employees do have a legal right to request it, which must then be dealt with reasonably by the employer (i.e. no obligation to accept the request, but should have a good business reason not to).

Also, I'm not sure dragging a company's reputation through the mud is a good way to put off the dross that applies for advertised jobs. Most of them won't read past the job title anyway :shrug:

Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry, they already made the application on your behalf and are currently sitting in the car waiting to drive you there themselves!

We know that is a lie. [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and his family would travel up their on a fleet of tandems rather than the demon motor vehicle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet they get some great applications.

You might have a point had the job not been in Flyde….only the insane would want to work there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hmm, I don't like this bit:

We work hard at Fylde so again don't apply if you are looking for “a work life balance” or have to pick the kids up from school twice a week at 3.30.

I appreciate this is a bit OT but this is something I've noticed conversations about the workplace recently and on LinkedIn etc. I do think we need to get away from the dated belief in this country that to be a success in your career that you have to sacrifice everything else. You can still work hard but also pick the kids up if necessary and have a work life balance. It's important for mental health and children/families. I thought the pandemic and lock downs had changed things but we do seem to have gone back to old habits a bit with regards to this.

Sorry, I know I've gone off on a tangent but it's something that I feel strongly about and a lot of employers just take the piss.

It'sd a Brexit benefit isn't it? an 1930's work ethic and conditions. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here