Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Folarin Balogun

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Would be marvellous if Middlesbrough went up and we absolutely POUNDED them next season.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Be even better if they failed to get promotion.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Would be marvellous if Middlesbrough went up and we absolutely POUNDED them next season.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Burnley going down would be a great relief, but - as a lover of the beautiful game - if they were replaced by bloody Middlesborough, that would be a kick in the teeth.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
According to SkySports News it's a done deal now, Balogun loaned to Middlesbrough for the remainder of the season. Wikipedia have already updated their site and has him down as being on loan at Middlesbrough now.

I wonder where this will leave Connolly, presumably the two of them will play regularly. Pretty pointless either of them being there unless they do.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to SkySports News it's a done deal now, Balogun loaned to Middlesbrough for the remainder of the season. Wikipedia have already updated their site and has him down as being on loan at Middlesbrough now.

I wonder where this will leave Connolly, presumably the two of them will play regularly. Pretty pointless either of them being there unless they do.

Connolly has a lot more top level experience, be it EPL or international. Balogun has two brief EPL appearances to his name plus two cup games. I know who I’d be starting with.

There is so much hype around players like Brewster but until they play ‘big boy’ football, you just don’t know how they’ll turn out. Connolly has the ‘right time, right place’ gift, that is priceless; if he can convert the tap-ins, he’ll fire Boro into the EPL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a little odd as Middlesbrough has a decent number of strikers already. Sporar has scored a good number of goals, Watmore a handful and new kiddo Coburn has done well (in numbers at least, I dont watch Boro so I wouldnt know about performances).

Balogun could also play winger though so maybe they are going for a 3-4-3 formation? But that would be a little bit surprising considering Chris Wilder is always using a 3-5-2 formation.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is a little odd as Middlesbrough has a decent number of strikers already. Sporar has scored a good number of goals, Watmore a handful and new kiddo Coburn has done well (in numbers at least, I dont watch Boro so I wouldnt know about performances).

Balogun could also play winger though so maybe they are going for a 3-4-3 formation? But that would be a little bit surprising considering Chris Wilder is always using a 3-5-2 formation.

I agree it is strange to sign both but Watmore has always been more of a winger until this season so maybe the idea is to push him wider again? Balogun and Connolly can also play wider and cut in so I suppose this gives WIlder more options formation wise.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree it is strange to sign both but Watmore has always been more of a winger until this season so maybe the idea is to push him wider again? Balogun and Connolly can also play wider and cut in so I suppose this gives WIlder more options formation wise.

Sure but I just had a look... Chris Wilder, last 100 games, 3-5-2 or very occasionally 5-3-2 (same shit) in all of them except once when his Sheffield played 4-4-2 vs Fulham and lost 3-0... not sure he's all that horny about options when it comes to formations. "We play three five ****ing two!".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here