Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Flare thrown at Bradford of all places !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Folk think it's harmless. Perhaps, mostly, it is. But t does put people in potential danger and if it didn't happen would we miss it ? No. So just stop doing it.

At Bradford ? well that's just another level of stupidity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pringles?

(I am with both the posters above, as discussed, passim)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ryan Sparkes is a bit of an unfortunate name, given the circumstances.

People need to stop pearl clutching about pyro when The Albion are setting off massive displays at the start of games sending acrid smoke even to the back of the WSU. Either it's ok or it's not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ryan Sparks. I was going to post a 'Well he started it!' gag, but given their history and the fact somebody was injured, I'm not going to do it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

People need to stop pearl clutching about pyro when The Albion are setting off massive displays at the start of games sending acrid smoke even to the back of the WSU. Either it's ok or it's not.

Pretty big difference between a safe, controlled and coordinated flare/firework show arranged by a club, and some drunk hobo throwing it around in the stands.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Pretty big difference between a safe, controlled and coordinated flare/firework show arranged by a club, and some drunk hobo throwing it around in the stands.

These are up at pretty much every ground.

pyro.JPG

Smacks of double standards to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Imagine life in the ESL.

No air to breathe then they let off a load of pyros (which I do like, as a thing)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You’re right, it’s not an excuse for the flare throwers though. The club should stop doing it as well. There have been people hurt at Bradford and Rochdale so far. What’s an ‘acceptable’ casualty level for all this pyro ‘fun’ ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I think most people would say there’s a bit of a difference between a professional display which has doubtless had to be fully signed off by H&S, the PL and the others involved in organising a game at the ground, and Johnny Knobhead lobbing one he’s smuggled in up his arse from the stand.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You’re right, it’s not an excuse for the flare throwers though. The club should stop doing it as well. There have been people hurt at Bradford and Rochdale so far. What’s an ‘acceptable’ casualty level for all this pyro ‘fun’ ?

Probably none as it isn't allowed?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Which is the difference between pyro here and Germany too.

In Germany the pyro in the stands is organised by a group. It's also only in one stand and before the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Clearly it's "none" given the bans proposed. The acceptable casualty levels for drink driving is also zero, doesn't stop people getting behind the wheel pissed.

I think most people would say there’s a bit of a difference between a professional display which has doubtless had to be fully signed off by H&S, the PL and the others involved in organising a game at the ground, and Johnny Knobhead lobbing one he’s smuggled in up his arse from the stand.

^^ read above. It's unlikely there'll be a big anti drink driving campaign at some point that's kicked off by a "safe" display of stunt driving after a couple of pints in controlled conditions outside a country pub :shrug:

Anyway, we all know the first fan pyro in the Amex this season will belong to the Always Ultras and Sussex OB and Brighton stewards will do **** all about it again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Which is the difference between pyro here and Germany too.

In Germany the pyro in the stands is organised by a group. It's also only in one stand and before the game.

Yeah they have a got balance over there.

Over here it is quite often too much imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUf3z83eAA

Lots of breaks in the games due to no visibility on the pitch and occasionally people throw in bangers etc as well. I like chaos but as I'm turning older I could have a little less of it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Clearly it's "none" given the bans proposed. The acceptable casualty levels for drink driving is also zero, doesn't stop people getting behind the wheel pissed.

^^ read above. It's unlikely there'll be a big anti drink driving campaign at some point that's kicked off by a "safe" display of stunt driving after a couple of pints in controlled conditions outside a country pub :shrug:

Anyway, we all know the first fan pyro in the Amex this season will belong to the Always Ultras and Sussex OB and Brighton stewards will do **** all about it again.
You can almost guarantee if we score a meaningful goal at West Ham next week you will see blue smoke bombs. We aren’t as innocent as some make out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here