Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First visit to The Amex yesterday.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My son supports Brighton because we have a family friend whose son used to work at the club (in scouting). Also, around the time that he was getting interested in football, he thought it was cool to see his name featuring prominently in headlines in the sports pages: "Murray scores winner against insert club name here" . That saved me some money by not having to pay to get a shirt personilised - just had to by a No.17 shirt and it already had my son's name on it.

We were in the Upper East Side for the Everton match (hang on, isn't that somewhere in New York???) quite central, although further away from the pitch than my preference. But still closer to the action than being in Row 1 at the London Stadium (which answers another one of your questions!).
Demonstrably good parent skills. Don’t like football or follow the Albion? Neither did my Dad, but he saw my brother and I did and took us along regardless to the Goldstone and the rest as they say is history. Obviously cursed him a few times along the way but that’s par for the course being a parent whether you set them up for life as a football fan or not.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Hope your lad went crazy shouting when the skipper headed in at 90+3

I had to work in my shop at short notice yesterday afternoon and had Warren Bluetoothed through the radio …. I stopped the whole street when that goal went in 😆

YEEEEEEEEEEES!! GETINTHEEEERE!!

First time my lad went to The Amex he was blown away - magical 👍
I was at the Saudi Cup watching the game and scared a few ladies in front of me when that goal went in screaming yes! 😀

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Hope your lad went crazy shouting when the skipper headed in at 90+3

I had to work in my shop at short notice yesterday afternoon and had Warren Bluetoothed through the radio …. I stopped the whole street when that goal went in 😆

YEEEEEEEEEEES!! GETINTHEEEERE!!

First time my lad went to The Amex he was blown away - magical 👍
(unrelated to this thread, but your post brought back a slowly receding memory from just 2 months back)

I had (without great forethought) booked a flight back home for Christmas at the same time as the Palace game. Luckily the flight was delayed by an hour, so I was standing in the holding pen at Schiphol just before you get on the sleazy jet flight, watching the match standing up with my laptop in my hand headphones on. When Welbz scored that beautiful header to equalize, I scared a few ladies standing in front of me with exactly that exclamation. It's amazing how you can completely forget where you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here