Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First Manager to go

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
So if as expected Spuds win today and we beat the Saints tomorrow, Arsenal drop into bottom 5 after 11games then will Arteta get the chop? I feel the others will stick with Bilic, Parker, Wilde and Dyche until at least new year. I Think he has a major job to do with some overpaid individuals / attitude but this is looking worse than Liverpool rebuild post Dalglish or Man United post Ferguson ( at least Solskjaer has some excellent players)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got to laugh at Arsenal.

Alan Davies Tuesday Club podcast is always well worth a listen.

At the start of the season it was like listening to the red version of Albion fans, playing well, will hammer someone soon, squad looks good.

In the last 2 weeks they've properly turned on Arteta and the club.
They were even demanding the return of Gwen Doozy despite previously always been 100% behind all the decisions.

The feel is Arteta isn't a manager and needs to stop micromanaging everything.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Wilder is gone tomorrow morning. Probably walking rather than getting sacked.

All the other managers are probably relatively safe atm - even Arteta for the time being - as I think a lot of club boards / directors of football know that this is a pretty weird season with more randomness than usual. Overall I think there will be less sacked managers in top football this season.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
They are a very deluded bunch.....

The match timer at the bottom of the screen allows you to pause your TV to sync it with the game.
It's fun watching their suffering.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
West Brom!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Allegri was saying the other day he wanted to manage in England, wouldn't be surprised if that had an impact on patience with Arteta, which already seems to be wearing thin.

Think Wilder has enough credit in the bank with the fans to see out the season but no way the owners will be as patient. Doubt he will see Christmas in a job at this rate. Can see Bilic being given more time, the only other manager I could see leaving soon is maybe Dyche.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Steve Bruce
His brand of football is so negative at the moment
The Geordies won't continue to accept it considering their attacking teams of yesteryears

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wilder is surely gone. Bilic can't be far behind.

Where will Eddie Smug take over ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Wilder is gone tomorrow morning. Probably walking rather than getting sacked.

All the other managers are probably relatively safe atm - even Arteta for the time being - as I think a lot of club boards / directors of football know that this is a pretty weird season with more randomness than usual. Overall I think there will be less sacked managers in top football this season.

A quick look at their forum shows an unsurprising set of thread headliners.....personally I do wonder if he still has immense credit in the bank after last season and they might stick with him even if he tries to walk.

Arteta next, after we go above them tomorrow and then they lose to Burnley at home next weekend.

7fd8e22c8c5d1a43f56bc95e69307bb5.jpg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Arteta looking doomed,will West Bromwich Albion stick with Bilic ? As for the Blades maybe the board don't see what's to gain in sacking Wilder ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here