Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Finding out when someone's funeral is?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So, here I am again with another help request for a friend of a friend. My friend has been in and out of mental health institutions all her life. She's found out that someone she befriended over the years in the Worthing area from being in hospital has just died. No family she knows of have ever been in his life.

Even though she hasn't been in touch for a few years she'd like to attend his funeral - any ideas how to find out when the funeral may be? It might have gone. Police had to break in to find him apparently after not being seen for a while (this was Sat 19 Nov). He had life long severe MH issues but was nice to her. He lived in Worthing in a flat on Sackville Rd. We've tried the duty officer with Social Services (known to her and we assumed he was known to them due to his issues but no luck).

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Contact the Chaplaincy team at Worthing Hospital
Ext 84004
01903 205111

If they don’t know themselves about your friend’s mate, pretty sure they will be able to tell you how to find out.

Edit
Your could also try the Bereavement Services although they are unlikely to release confidential information ie name, date of death but might signpost you.
01273 263159
Email this service
Bereavement Services,
Worthing Crematorium,
Horsham Road,
Findon,
West Sussex,
BN14 0RG

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
So, here I am again with another help request for a friend of a friend. My friend has been in and out of mental health institutions all her life. She's found out that someone she befriended over the years in the Worthing area from being in hospital has just died. No family she knows of have ever been in his life.

Even though she hasn't been in touch for a few years she'd like to attend his funeral - any ideas how to find out when the funeral may be? It might have gone. Police had to break in to find him apparently after not being seen for a while (this was Sat 19 Nov). He had life long severe MH issues but was nice to her. He lived in Worthing in a flat on Sackville Rd. We've tried the duty officer with Social Services (known to her and we assumed he was known to them due to his issues but no luck).
Ring Harty Jnr ( Sam) on 01903 206299, and he will be able to make some enquiries

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ring Harty Jnr ( Sam) on 01903 206299, and he will be able to make some enquiries
Thanks LR have done. He kindly rang the crem but no info. Advised me to contact Tribe they had no info either but are trying to get info from the coroner. Waiting a call back from them and the chaplaincy. Doesn't sound like we've missed the funeral tbf. Thanks all for the info, my friend is most grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here