Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feed The Greyhound.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Schelotto joins the list of right back failures brought in to replace Bruno. who have not been good enough. The best by far has been Montoya and hopefully Lamptey will be even better, which could signal Schelotto leaving in the summer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Woeful player at this level. Terrible at defending. Great energy levels bombing forward is not enough.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Should only ever be a sub when we're 2-0/3-1 down and need to chase the game, a la West Ham! When we've nothing to lose he can cause a bit of mayhem. Other than that scenario it's a NO from me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely nothing wrong with his performance today. What's this thread all about?

Well, he wasted our best chance of the game, but tripping over his own feet, absolutely should have been sent off, for a second yellow, and wasted pretty much every crossing chance he had.

That’s probably what it’s about? :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Feck me [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] - really disagree with you on this.

He rarely makes an effort to get back, his delivery is ordinary at best. Montoya is better in all aspects IMO.

In full flight he looks majestic but not in a footballing way.....

Not his fault, but check the level of effort on the goal, he was trotting on the halfway line.

Potter must have realised this to have March playing in front of him, when all season he’s been on the left.

His technique is truly shocking and at times I find myself laughing (which is wrong I know - bad fan etc)....

Not for me and another poor signing. I just hope Lamptey is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montoya is average. It was clear at West Ham they were week on their left, but Montoya couldn’t make anything of the space in front of him. Schelotto coming on changed the game, as did March. Now that in itself isn’t a reason to start them both next game, but Montoya is wanting in offering us anything going forward. Even yesterday, our threat came from our right and that was largely down to Schelotto.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feck me [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] - really disagree with you on this.

He rarely makes an effort to get back, his delivery is ordinary at best. Montoya is better in all aspects IMO.

In full flight he looks majestic but not in a footballing way.....

Not his fault, but check the level of effort on the goal, he was trotting on the halfway line.

Potter must have realised this to have March playing in front of him, when all season he’s been on the left.

His technique is truly shocking and at times I find myself laughing (which is wrong I know - bad fan etc)....

Not for me and another poor signing.

We can agree on:
I just hope Lamptey is better.
:smile:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, he wasted our best chance of the game, but tripping over his own feet, absolutely should have been sent off, for a second yellow, and wasted pretty much every crossing chance he had.

That’s probably what it’s about? :shrug:

Miserable bugger. It was arguably a penalty as he definitely caught the defender when he was shooting, was always in support and finding good positions, wasn't sent off and defended well which is his main job after all

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally although he’s improved he’s not really a full back. Unfortunately in my opinion Montoya isn’t very good either often caught in no mans land. Hoping Lamptey lives up to some of the hype as if he does he will be miles better than either of them. Him and March at full back would work for me. March would give us a natural left footed full back who can attack and defend.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Montoya is average. It was clear at West Ham they were week on their left, but Montoya couldn’t make anything of the space in front of him. Schelotto coming on changed the game, as did March. Now that in itself isn’t a reason to start them both next game, but Montoya is wanting in offering us anything going forward. Even yesterday, our threat came from our right and that was largely down to Schelotto.

Other than the cross he put in for Mooy.

He changed the game at West Ham along with the others as effectively he was a right winger and not having to defend.

In terms of a threat, it may have looked like that but in reality, the only time we created anything of note was after Schelotto had been subbed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I like him, offers something different, but primarily as an impact sub,
Very lucky not to be sent off.
It happened during the 5 minute spell when Friend thought he'd even things up for us, after giving us nothing for 70.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here