Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Favourite film of 2023

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I decided to try to watch some of the films I've not seen that are on the best of 2023 lists I looked at. There are a few obscurer ones that I've discovered are available on BFI Player. To that end I earlier watched Rodeo. A French film (debut film from the director) that follows a fiercely independent young woman who falls in with a gang of urban bike riders, who steel and repurpose rich people's bikes. Watching at home, I didn't devoted as much attention as I would have in the cinema, but still enjoyed it enough. It had a strong feel of American Honey. I think if you liked that, you'd probably enjoy Rodeo.
French film, independent young woman, gang of bikers…….sounds promising.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've been trawling through some best of 2023 film lists. Anatomy of a Fall, Zone of Interest, Oppenheimer, Spider-Man Across the Spider-verse, Past Lives, Killers of the Flower Moon, Passages, The Boy and the Heron appear on the most lists, Barbie, All of Us Strangers, Are You There God It's Me Margaret, The Holdovers, May December, Poor Things and You Hurt My Feelings, also appeared on quite a few lists.

Some of the lists were US based, so some haven't come out here, or only been on at festivals (I saw Poor Things and ll of Us Strangers at the Cinecity festival, but they are officially released in the UK next month). Reality has made a few of the lists (Time Out, Vanity Fair, Vulture), but I've not seen it yet.

I will need to look back over the films I've watched this year to give my choice, but I rarey have one favourite.
Not a great cinema buff but went to see Holdovers last night. Absolutely superb. Great story brilliantly done.
and Paul Giamatti’s performance was faultless and inspiring.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Ballywalter was my film of the year, underrated, great performances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here