Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Catholic guilt, anyone? ???

(me too, and I'm an athiest)

No one does it better.

There's an obvious connection with Brighton Rock, but The Quiet American has managed an almost unique trick of being both one of my favourite books and one of my favourite films.

For contrast see Captain Corelli's Mandolin where de Bernieres' masterpiece was murdered on to the silver screen.

But I'm digressing.....

Graham Greene - my second favourite Graham.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No one does it better.

There's an obvious connection with Brighton Rock, but The Quiet American has managed an almost unique trick of being both one of my favourite books and one of my favourite films.

For contrast see Captain Corelli's Mandolin where de Bernieres' masterpiece was murdered on to the silver screen.

It's one of the only de Bernieres' books I've not read, probably as I was put off by the film (or maybe just the image of Nic Cage on the posters as I've never actually seen it). Perhaps I'll give the book a go. I loved his Latin American trilogy. Birds without Wings too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's one of the only de Bernieres' books I've not read, probably as I was put off by the film (or maybe just the image of Nic Cage on the posters as I've never actually seen it). Perhaps I'll give the book a go. I loved his Latin American trilogy. Birds without Wings too.

it is SO much better than the film.

Birds Without Wings is possibly my favourite book of all time. Nothing happens and yet everything does.

(sorry y'all, no Grahams are involved in it)

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Fan of Graham Hancock also. Fascinating thinker. He was in Brighton couple of years ago btw doing a talk for that book.

Yes,funnily enough I was going to describe him as a great thinker which I agree best describes him fantastic investigator and writer too.
I wish I had known he was in Brighton,I would have popped along to his talk.
I would love to have a chat with him and hear some of his thoughts and what he thinks about some of mine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would suggest the late, great, Graham Hill, who showed phenomenal phenomenal bravery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here