Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Faulty Boiler question

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
My Boiler will not turn off radiators when the programmer turns off the heating and stays on
I know its not the programmer because it has been changed and it did the same thing with the previous programmer
You can rectify the problem by turning the boiler off and on again.
What would cause this fault with the boiler itself?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think you need a plumber.

Presumably the programmer is not linking with the boiler.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
It must be the programmer not linking with the boiler properly. The boiler only fires and runs or not, the programmer (and thermostat(s) tells it when to fire and when to stop.

Best get a plumber or electrician in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My Boiler will not turn off radiators when the programmer turns off the heating and stays on
I know its not the programmer because it has been changed and it did the same thing with the previous programmer
You can rectify the problem by turning the boiler off and on again.
What would cause this fault with the boiler itself?
Have you got a combination boiler or a boiler and hot water cylinder?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is it wired correctly? I know it’s been changed although who ever did it you thought would of at least give it a test run.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mine did the same a few years ago. They replaced the remote/wireless thermostat thingy and the diverter valve. Sorted it.

PS - good luck, bad time for it to happen (although at least it does come on)

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Its an Ideal Icos Boiler with a Honeywell Sundial Y9420 Programmer with a hot water cylinder

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Its an Ideal Icos Boiler with a Honeywell Sundial Y9420 Programmer with a hot water cylinder
Icos...quite a rare beast nowadays.. The boiler itself doesn't know if it's making CH or HW, so it will be ancillaries (wiring/programmer etc) - Given the programmer has been changed, it's very likely that 3 port zone valve gone.. If you are compentant, it's not that difficult to change the head only (depending upon age.. if the silver case has dimple, then it's simple. If doesn't, then required needs a drain down..)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
3 way valve sticking ? If it’s the hot water cylinder & boiler maybe ?
This [or one of the valves in your airing cupboard, I'll wager - we get this exact same issue]

We live in a notoriously hard-water area and ours needs replacing every 3-4 years due to limescale build-up on the inside of the valve.
Since ours is also an "unvented system" we have British Gas homecare cover too

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I had one of those valves in my old flat, it was a pain in the arse, the controller was fine but the valve itself used to stick.

I kept a pair of mole grips in te airing cupboard ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here