Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans United - Silver Anniversary

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
25 years ago today, this remarkable event in our history took place!

DF4C4389-672F-4C9F-B612-94A41D7FF48D.jpeg

What are your abiding memories? I’ll never forget the sight of the fan with the Eintracht Frankfurt flag!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
25 years ago today, this remarkable event in our history took place!

View attachment 144871

What are your abiding memories? I’ll never forget the sight of the fan with the Eintracht Frankfurt flag!

Drinking in the Cliftonville (or what ever it was called then). Singing laughing and generally having a ball with loads of different fans, palace among them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant idea from the young Plymouth ? fan in the early days of the internet that snowballed to culminate in a fantastic coming together of football fans…as well as a stonking win

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just the most amazing day

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My Surrey living Hartlepool supporting mate was with me and also remembers the day well..... as I often remind him . To be fair he has been with me to hundreds of games at all our grounds.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Brilliant idea from the young Plymouth ? fan in the early days of the internet that snowballed to culminate in a fantastic coming together of football fans…as well as a stonking win

It was the catalyst of us staying up. We'd won 5 times all season up until that game. Including the Hartlepool game we won 8 and drew 3 of our remaining 16 games. Something happened that day on and off the pitch that has ultimately lead to where we are today.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was the catalyst of us staying up. We'd won 5 times all season up until that game. Including the Hartlepool game we won 8 and drew 3 of our remaining 16 games. Something happened that day on and off the pitch that has ultimately lead to where we are today.

It wasn't just the catalyst - the win itself wasn't enough. League positions that year were decided by goals scored and not goal difference. The 5-0 win helped boost the goals-for and we ended the season with three more than Hereford.

None of us would have guessed that at the time, we were all blown away by the atmosphere. I had a drink in the Evening Star before the game and there were a load of Charlton supporters in there, I think they'd come down by minibus.

It was an especially momentous day for me as my niece had been born the day before and I'd been to visit my sister for my first meeting with her. What a day that was.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was a day that I really think changed the direction of our campaign, what a day, what a response to Richard Vaughan's idea.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I wasn't even I Brighton fan when I attended this game, but it was the start of my journey in becoming one. It was an inspirational day and one that I'll never forget, managed to drag a Wealdstone and Rotherham fan down to the Goldstone with me as the campaign spread far beyond the confines of Brighton & Hove.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The kiddie standing on the barrier in the middle of the North Stand, conducting ninety minutes of singing.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Bertie Belcher’s Brighton Brewery Company At The Hedgehog And Hogshead

Bertie Belcher’s Brighton Brewery Company At The Hedgehog And Hogshead Its in Hove Actually (To give it its' full name). Think it was in the Guinness world records for having the longest pub name in the world, right? And then changed to The Station 😂

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It wasn't just the catalyst - the win itself wasn't enough. League positions that year were decided by goals scored and not goal difference. The 5-0 win helped boost the goals-for and we ended the season with three more than Hereford.

None of us would have guessed that at the time, we were all blown away by the atmosphere. I had a drink in the Evening Star before the game and there were a load of Charlton supporters in there, I think they'd come down by minibus.

It was an especially momentous day for me as my niece had been born the day before and I'd been to visit my sister for my first meeting with her. What a day that was.

Question - when was the last time prior to this Hartlepool game, that we scored 5 goals at home in a league game? I say league game because I suspect many more will remember when we did it in a cup game!

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Me and the Mrs were there. I think we traveled the furthest? Was on BBC Radio Sussex on the morning of the game explaining why it was important for the football world to understand our plight. Argus came by my parents house and gave them a lesson in what The Albion meant to the community and to me. 25 years ago. WOW.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Question - when was the last time prior to this Hartlepool game, that we scored 5 goals at home in a league game? I say league game because I suspect many more will remember when we did it in a cup game!

The cup game was Crawley, but I’ve no idea what the league game was!

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Possibly

Carlisle 6-1

October 1985 ?

Exactly 5

Wolves 5-1

May 1985?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills