Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans back in stadiums before Christmas ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Can’t see it myself . May happen in feb/March when hopefully the virus is better under control with vaccines starting etc but even then I think numbers will be very limited. Full capacity I would expect next season hopefully at the start .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It won't happen because any team in an area that can't allow fans in the stadium would argue that there is unfair advantage. Its all or nothing I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting the lengths, and expense, that the Golden State Warriors are prepared to go to get fans back into game...

"The Golden State Warriors have presented an ambitious plan to state and local officials to reopen Chase Center in San Francisco at 50% capacity for the upcoming NBA season, which owner Joe Lacob believes can be the model for all sports franchises and entertainment venues to safely bring back fans amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Lacob said the Warriors are prepared to spend upward of $30 million to test every fan, Warriors employee and player with the most accurate form of COVID-19 testing for each home game or day they come to Chase Center."

Source >>> https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...football+team&utm_content=SGN+362+-+Tues+10am

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
no chance

SAC

May 21, 2014
Start with non league and then slowly work up through the leagues.

I hope that we will be back in the stadium for the start of next season.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given comments about post lockdown, that the tiers used previously will need to be toughed as Tier 1 was effectively pointless, that would mean everyone going up a tier, and a higher tier being introduced as a new tier 4. So effectively in Lockdown, but the Government can say it's not extending Lockdown, as we're all in regional tiers.

Which all means the Government saying they really want to get fans back, but they need to follow the science as just can't do it currently.

The government will be doing everything to seemlike the good guys by allowing people to meet up for Christmas, but won't want loads of fans moving about in addition.

A good soundbite, but next to zero chance.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Interesting the lengths, and expense, that the Golden State Warriors are prepared to go to get fans back into game...

"The Golden State Warriors have presented an ambitious plan to state and local officials to reopen Chase Center in San Francisco at 50% capacity for the upcoming NBA season, which owner Joe Lacob believes can be the model for all sports franchises and entertainment venues to safely bring back fans amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Lacob said the Warriors are prepared to spend upward of $30 million to test every fan, Warriors employee and player with the most accurate form of COVID-19 testing for each home game or day they come to Chase Center."

Source >>> https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...football+team&utm_content=SGN+362+-+Tues+10am
I guess this article will get 'clicks', but it's simply not realistic. GSW looking for positive publicity.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
should be fans back once the vulnerable and elderley are vaccinated.

Imagine they will string it out until everyone is vaccinated however which based on the Governments record since March wont be next year

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Someone else pointed this out (but I can't remember who) but could see clubs objecting to half a season with fans. Take for example we've played Palace when we were at away but with no fans but next year they are due to come to Falmer for the match. Imagine if fans were allowed back in during February; we'd be giving SEGW loads of stick, "you're going to cry in a minute" etc etc. You could see Palace not wanting that situation as we've got an advantage. Even without rivals playing there will be plenty of other matches where the teams have already played 1 leg without fans and can't see teams wanting the 2nd leg with fans. It'll be next season at the earliest surely?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Someone else pointed this out (but I can't remember who) but could see clubs objecting to half a season with fans. Take for example we've played Palace when we were at away but with no fans but next year they are due to come to Falmer for the match. Imagine if fans were allowed back in during February; we'd be giving SEGW loads of stick, "you're going to cry in a minute" etc etc. You could see Palace not wanting that situation as we've got an advantage. Even without rivals playing there will be plenty of other matches where the teams have already played 1 leg without fans and can't see teams wanting the 2nd leg with fans. It'll be next season at the earliest surely?

Much like last season then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here